Chapter 3: The Rich Girls

Do listen to the song above!!

I am watching a movie.

And it's utterly pathetic.

I am having a severe headache that makes me want to kill the actors and then myself. This movie is a virtual representation of my extremely fucked up life. My sister, Maya forced me to watch this just to show me how my life looks to them. And that's so disturbing.

I walked out of the theatre with my sister trailing behind me. "C'mon Riri that movie was not that bad!" She said pretending to look innocent. "Bad!!! Bad is not even the correct word, that's the worst movie I've ever seen, with equally bad acting." I said sighing.

"It's okay Riri! Next time we'll watch something nice." She said trying to console me. It's not like I'm crying, I'm just traumatised. And the funniest part is that girls actually like this romantic trash.

We drove home in silence. As I reached my front door, I received a call from Ethan. I looked at my sister and motioned her to go inside.

"Yes?" I said.

"Oh hey Reed! How are you man!" My best friend asked me happily. I don't remember the last time I smiled.

A week before...

My inner voice replied.

"Cut the chase Ethan, tell me why'd you call me?" I replied getting irritated by his question.

"I HAVE A GOOD NEWS" he legit screamed in the phone.

"Geez, calm down Ethan, you're making my ear bleed!"

"I've got the Contract papers ready." He said enthusiastically.

"Oh my god! This is the best news I've heard this week." I said smiling.

"Just wanted to tell you this man, Night!" He said and hung up the call, without even letting me reply.

I walk inside my house, rushing upstairs into my room. As I reach the door I started thinking again. How my father took the most important decision of my life, at the moment I don't love or like someone but when I was willing to give love a chance, my dad arranged my marriage to Layla. But now it's not going to be a problem, I planned everything.

Two can play this game...

I am going to ask that Layla to sign these contract papers and it's going to be a Contract Marriage, a prenuptial agreement between both of us. I've asked Ethan to mention all the required clause accordingly.

Ethan is a very famous lawyer and has his very own Law Firm. He's the lawyer of my company and my legal adviser. I discuss every legal matter with him before taking any further steps.

I laid down on the bed after taking a bath and called Ethan again to ask him to meet me at the new cafe tomorrow with the contract papers. After hanging up I immediately drifted off to sleep.