Prologue

Please play the songs I'll be posting in every chapter while reading! Enjoy!

Name: Layla Sheldon Age: 25Sex: Female Profession: Heiress of the Sheldon & Co

Name: Layla Sheldon
Age: 25
Sex: Female
Profession: Heiress of the Sheldon & Co.
School: St. Stephen's Green, Ireland
College: Yale School of management
Parents: Edward Sheldon and Sophia Sheldon
Siblings: Rebecca Sheldon and Robert Sheldon

What?! There's no photo? Are they kidding me! How can my parents expect me to marry a complete stranger!? I don't even know her. I have neither seen her nor have ever heard of her before today!

So today my parents decided to drop a bomb on my head! A fucking huge bomb!! They want me to marry a complete stranger and I have never seen her let alone know if she's even a human being. How can my parents decide my future, how can they take such an important decision about my life without even asking me! My life is not a joke! They have no right to take my life's decisions.

I have to talk to them...

My voice boomed as I entered the living room, " Is this a joke, because if it is, then it's so not funny!" I threw the file that contained the information about that mysterious girl on the coffee table in front of my parents. They were startled at first but gradually regained they're composure and said, "Child it's for the best! Today you're reacting like this but you will thank us one day!"

"Thank you?! You people are busy ruining my life and I will thank you!? Hell no!" I said. My each word lacing with venom. I know I'm hurting them with my words but right now I'm not sane! My mother said sternly, "Watch your tongue Reed! You will not disrespect your father's decision and follow as he says!" I am losing my cool and they don't want to understand what I'm trying to explain. "Sorry mom, but how are you expecting me to react!? 'Oh father your wish is my command', then no, you're wrong because I'm not willing to marry a complete stranger." I said air quoting my words, desperate to break something.

"Look Reed, you are giving me no option but to blackmail you!" My father said in a calm voice that is annoying me as fuck. "Wait, what was that supposed to mean?" I said. "You leave me no choice son. Sheldons are very strong and powerful and we need to have a strong alliance so that both families can help each other through thick and thin! You know Edward Sheldon?" I nodded my head and asked him to continue, "He's my best friend! Your mother and Sophia are colleagues and we want to take this friendship to next level by marrying off our children." I listened to my father slowly taking in all the information.

"Father but Layla and I don't love each other and how do you expect us to be faithful to each other!? There's no marriage without love and I understand what you're trying to say but you also have to be a little understanding on my part!" I was calm now.

My father put his hand under his chin pretending to think. After a few minutes of silence he said, "Reed let's make a deal," suddenly taking interest in our conversation, I asked him to continue and so he spoke again, "If you marry Layla you will get to keep your own company and in addition to that you will be made CEO of Valentine inc. If you deny then your company and Valentine inc. will be given to your cousin Jordan." My jaw dropped as he finished. "Dad are you kidding me?" I laughed nervously and gradually stopped when there was no reaction from the latter. Dad shook his head and smirked. WTF!!! He left me no option and now he's mocking me!

I had no option but to accept his order because I know what he's capable of. "Deal." I said and left the house hurriedly not wanting to spend another minute in that house with my parents.

I walked towards my car and drove off to the new club that opened last week.

I'm getting high tonight...