•PART TWO•

~ Yoongi's face was drenched in tears. With every sentence he read, he felt his heart get heavier. He hated himself for not being there for his best friend when he was needed the most. ~

================

*Flashback*

The bell rang, indicating the end of that period. Yoongi finally let his eyes close and put his head down on the desk. A tap on his shoulder made him look up with a 'please let me sleep' expression. A familiar dimple smile made him sigh and put his head back down.

Yoongi: What do you want Namjoon?

Namjoon: It's activity hour Yoongs. Let's go to the music room.

Yoongi: You can go ahead. I'll catch up.

Namjoon gave him a nod and walked off. Yoongi packed his bag and was about to leave when someone tugged on his uniform from behind. He turned to see Hoseok, holding a bottle of strawberry milk.

Hoseok: Here you go Yoongs. I got this one for you. Were you heading to the music room?

Yoongi: Yes I was. Thank you for this. I'll buy you some hamburgers after class. Meet me at the gate after your practice.

Hoseok: I'm sorry Yoongi, I don't think I can. We have this competition coming up and very little time to practice. Also I'm supposed to help the dance leader with the choreography, so I can't even make up an excuse to escape from practice.

Yoongi: Don't worry about it. We'll go some other day. Make sure you practice hard and win that competition.

Hoseok: Yessiiirr. See you later. Bubie.

Yoongi waved at him, smiling softly. He walked out of the class towards the music room and plopped down next to Namjoon when he got there. Joon was in the middle of playing a piano.

Namjoon: You sure took your time. Where were you?

Yoongi: Sorry I was talking to Hobi. Uhm I mean Hoseok.

Namjoon: Hobi? You guys have nicknames for each other?

Yoongi: Well he said nicknames help us bond better. Plus it's easier to use a shorter name anyways.

Yoongi shrugged.

Yoongi: He has a nickname for me too. He calls me Suga, which is like a short version of sugar, cuz he thinks I'm sweet hehe.

Yoongi chuckled slightly.

Namjoon: Hey can I ask you something? Are you two dating?

Yoongi's expression changed. His eyes widened and he raised his eyebrows.

Yoongi: What the fuck Namjoon?! Why would you even think of something like that? Of course we aren't dating!

Namjoon: Hey calm down. I asked cuz that's how you two act around each other. Have you seen the way he looks at you? It's so full of love.

Yoongi: No! He's just my closest friend. Don't create such stupid scenarios in your head.

Namjoon: Are you sure he sees you only as a friend?

Yoongi raised one of his eyebrows.

Namjoon: Okay I'll tell you what I noticed. He does everything to make you smile - crack jokes, act cute, give you random hugs and a lot of little things like that.

Yoongi had an expression of confusion.

Namjoon: Also whenever someone mentions words like 'love' he immediately looks at you. The way he talks to you is different. The way he smiles around you is different. The way he cares for you is different. I'm kind of surprised you haven't noticed all this. I genuinely thought you two were a thing.

Yoongi: I- I really hadn't noticed all that. But that's so weird. He's my best friend. I can never be with him. I can't even imagine what that would be like!

Namjoon shrugged.

Namjoon: Well if there's nothing, then don't worry about it. I told you what I saw. Maybe I just have too much imagination.

He went back to playing the piano leaving Yoongi confused as hell.

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

Yoongi couldn't face Hoseok after that conversation with Namjoon. He noticed everything Joon said, and that just made him really really uncomfortable. He started keeping distance from his Hobi.

Sure, Hobi was his sunshine, the guy who brings him happiness in this new place, the guy who made him smile wider than he ever has, the guy who cared for him more than anyone in his lifetime, but he still had to avoid Hobi to avoid any misunderstandings. He didn't want things to get awkward between him and Hoseok, and the best way to do that is to avoid any contact with each other.

Yes, he saw Hoseok's confused face a few number of times. Yes, he walked away even when he heard Hoseok call him from behind. And yes, he also caught Hobi staring at him multiple times, but he didn't know what to say as an excuse. So he just kept quiet and continued to keep his distance.

*Flashback end*

================

A/n: How's the story so far?