A New Beginning

I happily sigh as I lean up against the counter, staring at the little Keurig as I try to will it to make my hot chocolate a little bit faster. I'm surprisingly the first person up this morning in our cozy little apartment, and I am trying to take advantage of it.

It has been a whole week since we graduated high school, which has finally settled in for me. The fact that I never have to go to school again really hit me in a strange way when I held my diploma in my hands. A whole chapter of my life had ended, but now a whole new one has begun.

The two days right after graduation was the boy's baseball sectional tournament, which they easily won. Then there was a whole two days for a break, which Kenny, Ashlyn, Karen, Red, and I spent packing up everything that would be going over to the apartment. At this point, all the big items that Kenny and I had order were delivered, so it was time to do the difficult task that is packing up all our belongings to transport to our new place. On the second break day, we actually got the guys to help move all of our stuff into our new apartment. They also helped to set up beds, the couch, desks, and any other big items that would take some time to build if it was just Kenny and myself. Tweek and Craig also set up the guest bedroom that will be his room until he finds his own place to live, since living with his parents is out of the question. This was then the first night that all three of spent in this apartment. The first time that I could say I truly live with Kenny.

The last two days were then spent at the boy's regional baseball tournament, which mas more nerve-wracking then the sectional one. Each game was down to the wire, and the championship game went into extra innings. The boys gave more than their all each and every game. They want that state win more than anything, and they were not going to give up without a good fight. Even when they were down a few runs, they would come together to pull right back into it. This has been their dream for senior year for longer than any of them realize. To show that South Park can do something great, and to prove to themselves that it has all been worth it. To make their final games together something truly special.

Now it is Saturday morning after their regional win, giving the boys today in order to rest their bodies, and then tomorrow a good day of practice before the state championship tournament begins. I slipped out of bed around nine o'clock, and Kenny was still in a deep sleep. I assume the same is true for Tweek upstairs. They could be asleep for the next six hours, so I'll have to work on unpacking the living room quietly.

I look over at all the boxes scattered around the living room. A warmth filling my chest as I think about how I can decorate however I want. That Kenny and I are going to do all that we can to make this our home. He's already decided that a bookshelf wall will go in the office, and I would like to have a couple bookshelves in our room. It will be slow coming together, but it will all be worth it in the end.

The Keurig starts to send the hot chocolate into my Studio Ghibli mug, bringing my attention back to the sweet drink that I've been longing for. Not nearly as good as Tweek can make, but it will have to do for times like this. Our kitchen being the only room complete in the apartment, which is nice since that gave Kenny and I an excuse to get out to shop for groceries when the other boys were putting together furniture.

"I still have to figure out what I want to eat," I let out big yawn, reaching for the ceiling to stretch out my back once more this lovely morning.

It feels really good knowing that each day from now on I get to come home and be with the boy that I love with all my heart. That each day I get to wake up knowing that he is right by my side, or maybe out in the kitchen making us breakfast. It will be like this for the rest of our lives, and I am more than excited to start on this journey with him. The only thing that I am afraid about is what happens when he dies, but I guess that is something I'll have to worry about when he his killed next.