Setting Up the Office

*A Day Later*

"And this is what we are working with," I smile, opening the door to the office and ushering the girls in. "Lots of unopened boxes, all the craft supplies, and a dream of what this space could become."

"That makes it more fun," Run giggles as she looks around the room. "Which wall is going to get the bookshelf?"

"I was thinking it would be over there," I point to the right to the wall that doesn't have the door or windows. "Then I would have my desk over there, since it is going to be full of my books and collectables."

"We decided that it would be best to leave the sowing machine at the house," Ashlyn says as she starts to open boxes that hold their crafting things. "Other than that, all of the crafting things made the move over here. Our old office is back to being a guest room, which was a bit of a shock for a few days."

"Now all our work has to be done over here, which I think will be better for us," Karen says. "We can pace ourselves more. It has gotten easier, and Kenny's help packing orders means we can focus more on actually creating."

"He's also the best moderator for the chat," I say. "It feels good that we don't have to worry about that. If someone breaks the rules, he's on it."

"We truly are the perfect team," Red widely smiles. "Okay, so I think we should put the desks where we want them before we focus on the other stuff."

"I think it would be nice to have them under the windows," Karen says. "Then we have all the containers for our supplies opposite the bookshelf wall. The couch doesn't move from that wall, but that will be Kenny's spot as he sits across from Rosa. The beanbags go in the area by the crafts, and that should do it."

"Oh, that sounds wonderful," Red claps a few times. "And since Rosa and I are building our own computers for even better streaming of video games, it will be nice to have us close to each other when we play games together."

"Can't wait to get back into streaming," I push my office chair to be out of the way for us to move my desk.

"Are we close to being partners yet?" Ashlyn asks. "I really don't remember where we stood before we said we were taking a couple week break because of you two graduating and then baseball."

"We are getting closer, but I still think that we have a ways to go. It feels good to be able to have people sub and use the emotes that I've designed, so I think we just keep working hard like we have been and everything will fall into place."

"That is a good mindset," Red walks over to help me move my desk to be at the window. "Wait, does Kenny not get a desk?"

"He is going to use the end table for whatever he needs, and he doesn't feel he needs to be on camera anymore," I shrug. "He likes being in the chat more, that way people can't make comments about us."

"Ken-Ken used to be teased about his looks a lot, so that brings up bad memories when people question their relationship," Karen helps Ashlyn get their containers set up against the wall. "Not that he has anything to worry about since I know how much Rosa is in love with him. Still, insecurities can leave scars."

"I'd rather he be happy than deal with people's shit. I'll always love him, and I tell him as much as I can that I think he is handsome and sexy."

"Ugh, I don't want to hear you say that," Ashlyn groans.

"You should know that he finds me sexy," I chuckle as she shoots a glare my way. "Come on, you can admit that I am sexy sometimes."