The Final Baseball Game

*A Day Later*

"You're going to do great," I look at Kenny as we stand next to his truck in the parking lot of the Denver baseball stadium. "All of you are going to do great."

"We won't know who we are facing in the championship game until the loser bracket ends tonight," Kenny sighs. "Remember the team from the first round? The one that could have gone very bad?"

"That Tweek saved? I could never forget it."

"The are waiting for the team that loses today. I have a feeling that they are out for revenge, and they are going to make sure that they see us in the final. No matter what."

"You can't worry about that right now. You have to focus on the game right in front of you. The championship game is tomorrow, but you have to get there first."

He grins, grabbing my hand and starting to walk us towards the stadium entrance. "Thanks, princess. You're right. We have to focus on the game that we are going to play today. That is the one that matters right now."

I giggle, "Is that really the only reason that you held me back? Did you not want the other girls to know you were nervous?"

"A little bit. I didn't want to spread the nervous energy around, but I knew you would handle it differently. That's why I told you."

"I'm glad that I could help."

We walk through the entrance after Kenny shows his badge that states he is on one of the teams competing, and then we are heading to where everyone is standing outside where we will have to split up. The boys will go one direction to head to the locker rooms, and the rest of us will head to the bleachers to set up.

"Where were the two of you?" Cartman glares at us.

"Kenny had to tell me something," I shrug. "Nothing more to say than that."

"I was a little nervous about this game, but Rosa helped me get over that," Kenny flashes a smile.

"Is that an innuendo?" Clyde crosses his arms as he smirks over at us.

My cheeks burst with heat as I frantically shake my head. "No, no, no. It wasn't at all. I swear that Kenny and I only talked. He really did tell me about nerves he had going into this game, but I told him that he can't worry about that."

"I think you all forget that Kenny isn't like how he used to be," Karen speaks up. "At least not all the time. I know that he has his moments."

"That's right boys," Wendy places her hands on her hips, "get your minds out of the gutter."

Kenny chuckles, "It doesn't bother me. I don't care what you guys say."

"It bothers me," I pout. "I mean, bother isn't the word that I would use, but you get the point."

"He grew up thanks to you, Rosa," Stan teases as he pats Kenny's shoulder.

"Shut up," Kenny rolls his eyes.

"Okay, enough of this," Cartman says. "We have a game to get ready for."

"All I did was fall in love," Kenny looks down at me. "And I think we helped each other in many different ways. You don't have to listen to their bullshit, princess."

I chuckle, patting his chest. "I don't, so no need to worry about that. They just like to tease you, babe. They've always cared about you a lot."