Cats Join the Family

*The Next Day*

"Rosa!" Wendy exclaims, grabbing me by the shoulders and pulling me into a tight hug. "I was afraid that you wouldn't come since you must be still getting used to living in your new place, and sleeping somewhere else, even for the night, would throw you through a loop."

I chuckle, patting her back a few times. "You're still one of my best friends, Wendy, and I wouldn't miss this chance to hang out with all the girls on what might be our last time before everyone starts to head off to college."

"There's still plenty of summer left, so don't get ahead of yourself," she holds me out by my shoulders. "What's it like, though?"

"What's what like?" My eyebrows furrow as I tilt my head slightly.

"Living with Kenny," she giggles, shaking her head. "I mean, when you two first moved in together, the baseball season was just coming to an end, and we haven't been able to talk much about it."

"Well, I can spill all that with everyone else," I grab her hand, stepping into her house while also shutting the door. "I'd rather not have a whole conversation in the doorway to your home."

"Understandable," she gives me a tug, and we start heading farther in. "I just got a little excited."

"It does feel like I haven't talked to you in a while. I mean, we still text when we can, but life has felt so much like a whirlwind recently."

"You've jumped from high schooler to adult really quick," she teases.

"Oh, like you haven't always been an adult," I tease back.

We both let the laughter roll through us as we make our way through the house to the big living room in the back. All the other girls are already here, which doesn't surprise me too much. Other than Red, who works at the coffee shop a few days a week like me, the other girls' lives haven't changed too much. I know they have been volunteering a little now that there's plenty of free time before college, but all they have to worry about is more school. There's a little more on my plate, so I was running a little behind to get here.

"She's arrived," Bebe grins, leaning back in the recliner with a fancy coffee in her hand. "Let me guess, Kenny couldn't let you go?"

I roll my eyes as a smile spreads on my face, "Actually, I had some errands to run with Ask and Karen, then I walked here from Tweek Bros. because I can't find my skateboard. Ash swears it is still at my parent's house, so their going to look for it. I would have been here sooner if I had it."

"You'll always be Stan's skater girl," Wendy lets go of my hand, walking over to the coffee table to pick up a piece of paper that must list out what everyone wants to eat. "Geez, it's a good thing that I have some coupons for these places. Really want to make the most of this night," she pulls out her phone. "Give me a moment and then we can really get to talking." She walks into a nearby hallway.

"Red saved you a spot on her air mattress," Krystal points down to the farthest of the two air mattresses where Red looks up with a big smile. She's seated on the couch.

"Thanks," I nod, heading down to take a seat on where I'll be sleeping tonight. I toss my backpack to the floor and kick off my shoes. "Have a good day, Red?"

"A really good day," she nods a few times. "Kevin got all the bugs out, so we'll be able to play that on stream before we dive into an actual video game."

"Hey, yours is an actual video game too," I playfully shove her.

"You know what I meant," she chuckles, shoving me back.