Better luck next time

Riley woke up the next morning to her dad shouting of her, she quickly got up and ran downstairs without even having time to put her hoodie on. "Yeah?" She timidly walked into the kitchen, she had been avoiding him since their argument last night. Giovanni huffed, "I might not be back when you get home, i probably will be but I can't promise anything. Just make yourself a snack" he huffed and waved her off again. Riley nodded and left to go get changed for school, she was shocked at how calm he was being, it was freaking her out a little.

               Riley was walking to school with her ear phones in, she had music blaring top notch to drown out reality until she got to the school gates where she sighed and packet everything up to begin another day of torture. 

                Jay and hailey were sat in the van, they had no ears on Riley but she was at school so they knew she was safe and they didn't need to worry about her for the time being.  It was silent until they heart Giovanni's office door slam open, "what the hell do you mean you haven't got the stuff?" They heard him shout down a phone.  Jay looked at hailey in suspicion as they both sat up curiously, "I don't care what happened! I paid the money and I expect the dope to be there when I meet with you tomorrow, do you understand?" Giovanni yelled down his phone again.  Hailey nodded, "finally" she sighed in relief, this was what they were waiting for.

               At the end of the school day Riley quickly hurried on home so she could put her hoodie on and avoid her step dad before he gets home, she saw that the van was gone as she walked through her door, which seemed a little suspicious but she thought nothing of it and just realised they must've got what they needed already.  She sighed in defeat when she saw her step dad sat in a rather bad mood on the couch but what surprised her the most was how he smiled at her when she walked past, he's never ever smiled at her before.  She thought nothing of it and walked up to her room where she settled down for the rest of the day with her homework by her side and her music keeping her company.

               She kept checking out of the window every few hours to check if jay and hailey were back but they weren't which made her a little anxious.  "Hey riles? Come on we're having pizza!" She heard Giovanni shout from the bottom of the stairs.  She furrowed her brows in confusion, why's he being so nice? Is he planning something? Bribing her with food? Uh oh... She hesitated but walked out of her room and wandered down into the living room where there were two boxes of pizza and some Fanta on the coffee table.

             "Figured we could watch a movie" he spoke suspiciously, Riley composed her fear of him but nodded and sat down on the couch.  He signalled for her to dive into her pizza so she done just that and my god did the real food feel good inside of her tiny body, it was like she was getting everything she needed even though she knew this kind of pizza was bad for her.  Giovanni just smiled at her as he watched her eat before picking his own slice of pizza up and putting a film on, She had no clue what was going on with him but honestly, she wasn't gonna complain.

               Riley got up to 'go to the toilet' but it was just an excuse to check if jay and hailey were back yet which they weren't, she was losing hope that they were ever gonna help her and that they actually just used her for intel. She sighed sadly and walked back out to finish watching the film but the whole mood seemed off, he had a bad head and Giovanni seemed on edge. "Come sit. We need to talk" he looked at her sternly and patted the couch cushion. Her mind done a million backflips but she obeyed and done as he ordered. Giovanni sighed before starting and out his hand behind his back, Riley's bad head was getting worse by the second.

"I'm gonna ask you something and you need to answer honestly" he tilted his head, Riley nodded, "where did this come from?" He pulled out the wire that Riley put in his office. Her eyes widened and she couldn't hide her regret, "I know it's a police wire riles, so when did you put it there, Riley?" He got angry. Riley shook her head, "I don't know what you're talking about..." she began to get light headed. Giovanni scoffed and just pushed her onto the floor where she grunted and stayed down since the room was spinning already, he definitely drugged the food is all she could think.

Jay and hailey were sat in the bullpen relaying the information to the team again, they finally had enough intel to snatch Giovanni up and help Riley out of this life.  Hailey noticed the second wire, the one connected to Riley, flag up, "hang on" she paused their conversation and ran over to the laptop where she brought up the audio and put the volume higher so they could all hear.  What they heard utterly shocked them and made them freeze in fear.
Giovanni: "you're a lying little b*tch, I should never have taken you in"
Riley: "what did you put in the pizza..."
Giovanni: "shut up you brat, you think you can just get away with putting a wire in my house? Well think again"
Riley: "please..."
Giovanni: "better luck next time"

                 That's all they heard before Riley's wire feed turned to into a static buzz, "go" hank ordered his team to move out, clearly this had taken a turn for the worst and they needed to fix it stat before someone gets killed considering that Giovanni's done it before.  Jay shot hailey a worried and regretting look since they left her unsupervised with that monster but they were the first ones down the stairs and into the garage where they all secured their guns and headed out.

Riley was laying on the floor taking hit after hit from Giovanni until she blacked out, she wasn't sure if it was from whatever he put in the food or from the pain but all she knew was that she was pretty much defenceless now and whatever happens is out of her control. She prepared to die in that moment and she tried as hard as she could to remember any happy memories but she didn't really have any...

Jay and hailey were the first ones to arrive at Giovanni's house and they wasted no time in getting out of jays truck, without knocking they barged through his front door to find the house trashed and ruined. There was blood all over the floor which made their stomachs churn and everything was thrashed around like someone had turned the living room into a rage room. Hank was the third one through the door and his breath hitched at the sight, "check the upstairs" he waved Kim and Adam off as jay and hailey checked the kitchen. Jay crouched and and noticed a blood covered bracelet on the floor laying in a pool of fresh blood, "thats Riley's" he sighed sadly, he noticed it on her wrist last night.

               Finally, Kevin and rojas walked into the house too, their reaction was no less than the others.  "Roll crime lab down here now" he nodded to the pair.  Jay shook his head, "we shouldn't have left" he huffed and stood up, taking his eyes off the kid sized bracelet on the floor.  Hailey frowned, "we'll find her" she spoke hesitantly.  They all put on a pair of gloves and started looking for evidence as the manoeuvred around the blood which was hard since it was all over the floor, if only they knew how much of a ticking time bomb they were working around.