AHHH!

*two months later*

                 Riley smiled as jay put his seatbelt on, she's finally 17 now, and she has her own car as well as her full driving license.  It's a cute car, small like her size, and mint green.  Jay still thinks she should've gotten the dark blue but she hated that colour, but hey, at least she can drive herself place now.  He raised his eyebrows at her, "awww, are you scared?" She laughed as she started her car.  Jay nodded, "oh yeah, I'm terrified" he nodded, but half of him was telling the truth.  She laughed and rolled her eyes, she's a good driver, but he won't believe her.  So today she's finally driving him to the diner they occasionally go to on Sundays for breakfast.

                 She drove along the busy roads confidently, she's a careful driver which is one thing jay likes, and she doesn't go too fast or too slow.  She felt the need to scare him, so as she drove past an intersection she gasped loudly, jay absolutely crapped himself and sat up as he clutched his heart, "Riley! What the hell? Oh my god... never do that again!" he yelled out of fear and slapped her arm gently so he didn't knock her off focus too much.  She was absolutely hysterical, her laughs were contagious so he had to laugh too, but his heart rate was still sky high.  She laughed at his reaction the rest of the way to the diner.  "It wasn't that funny, geez..." jay huffed as she successfully reversed into a parking space.  She laughed and got out of the car, "it so was" she pulled a face.  He sarcastically laughed, but she was about 0.00001% out from giving him a heart attack.

They ate their breakfast fairly quickly, and like usual, it was delicious. Jay pre warned her not to pull any stupid stunts before getting back into the car or he would open the door and walked home himself. She laughed but agreed and got into the drivers seat again. He had to give it to her when she got them home safely, she's a good driver, that's when she isn't scaring him of course. She put her keys in the basket near the door, "I have homework, I'll be in my room!" She called out as she ran upstairs.  Jay waved her off then walked into the kitchen, he will get her back for earlier, even if it's the last thing he does. 

                 About half an hour later Riley needed a drink, so she wandered downstairs to see jay literally nowhere.  She shrugged and wandered into the kitchen but when she walked through the door he jumped out from behind the counter, "boo!", he yelled. "AHHH!" She genuinely screamed and jumped as she covered her face.  Jay fell to the floor laughing as he put his phone away, he recorded the whole thing.  She slapped his leg and groaned, "my god! I nearly passed out..." she caught her breath back, "that's what you get" he managed to reply through his mini laughing fits.  She laughed but rolled her eyes, "haha very funny. Now we're equal" she shook her head.

~~~~~~~
*the yet time be named squiggles :)*

Will walked through the front door at around 5:45pm to see jay stood behind the wall, "what the hell are you doing?" He furrowed his brows. Jay brought his finger up to his lips as Riley began walking down the stairs, "wait-where's jay...?" She asked the red head cautiously. Will shrugged, "no idea, I just got here" he shook his head. Riley nodded suspiciously, "okay..." she narrowed her eyes at him. The second she got down the stairs jay jumped out but said nothing this time "JAY!" She screamed and felt her soul leave her body for the second time today. Will had to laugh as jay broke out into hysterics. Riley groaned and rolled her eyes, "once was enough..." she laughed a little as she clutched her chest.

"Why're we scaring each other here?" Will shook his head as they made their way to the couch. Jay pointed to Riley, "she started it" he shrugged with a smirk. Riley opened her mouth to protest but indeed realised he was correct, "yeah okay, you can have that one..." she nodded. Jay laughed in victory, "what now?" Will sighed. Jay nodded, "she scared me whilst she was driving, I thought we were gonna crash" he sighed. Will laughed, "I'd have paid to have seen that" he smiled at their sister, who he had to admit, was beginning to look a lot more like jay than himself. Riley laughed, "it was hilarious" she smiled. Jay huffed, "yeah, for you..." he smirked. All three Halsteads shared a heavy laugh, they wish she would stop growing up...