always

*two weeks later*

Riley was sat in her graduation cap and gown on a foldable chair along with 50 other kids on the school field as the principal continued to read out the names, she checked her phone and pulled up lolas contact.
Riley: "I'm going to trip up"
Lola: "don't even jinx it, because you will 😭"
Riley: "I'm next..."

                She shoved her phone into her pocket before paying attention to her principal, "graduate Riley Halstead!" She heard over the speakers.  She groaned and stood up before walking down the grass and onto the stage.  She tried her best not to trip over as she shook hands with her head teacher and accepted her high school diploma, "congratulations" her art teacher smiled as she continued walking down the ramp.  She smiled and nodded, thank god for that, she didn't fall.  As she was returning to her seat she saw jay, hailey, Will and nat sat on the benches along with 200 other spectators.  Jay stuck his thumbs up whereas Will winked, both girls shot her a small smile.  She smiled back before sitting down.  It's over, she's now ready for college...

                 "Congratulations everyone!" Her principal yelled over the speakers.  Everyone laughed and threw their caps in the air, it seemed to move in slow motion, this seemed so surreal. 

                "I still remember meeting her for the first time, its like it was just yesterday" jay sighed as they watch all the kids getting photos together.  Will smiled, "she's going to college jay, it's not like she's moving to another country" he laughed.  Jay sighed, "I know I know, I just feel like she's not ours anymore" he shrugged.  Will smiled, "she'll always be ours jay, always" he raised his eyebrows. Hailey smiled, "here she comes" she nodded. They all got up and made their way down the steps before reaching Riley.

"Well done babes, we're so proud of you..." jay pulled her into a hug. She smiled and hugged him back, "I thought i was gonna trip over" she laughed. Jay smiled, "I wouldn't have been surprised if you did" he laughed too. Will smiled, "well done champ" he hugged her tightly. Riley laughed, "thank you" she smiled. Both hailey and Natalie have her a hug too before they got pictures together.

"Can we go to mollys?" She smiled. They all raised eyebrows at her, "you wanna go to mollys?" Jay laughed. She smiled and nodded, "well you guys have the day off right?" She shrugged. They nodded positively, "we do" Will smiled. Riley shrugged, "let's go then" she nodded. They all laughed, this kid is like an old man...