potential

*two months later*

                   "I'll pick you up afterwards" jay ducked his head down so he could see Riley getting out of the truck.  She smiled, "okay" she nodded.  She smiled and waited until the road was clear then quickly jogged over to the other side, she flashed jay another sincere wave and smile before turning around to walk up the firehouse drive.  Today's the first day of girls on fire, and she cannot wait.  As she approached the firehouse doors she saw Stella stood with two other girls, the same age as Riley, on the main floor of the house.  She strolled into the building as Stella looked up, "what's up mini me?" She walked over to the kid.  Riley smiled at that nickname, "I'm excited" she laughed a little.  Stella gave her a quick side hug, "good good" she nodded.

A short while later, all of the girls arrived. There were 10 girls in total and Stella was thrilled with the turn out, they all made their way into the briefing room and sat down to start their first session. Stella stood at the front and gave her formal introduction, she told everyone what they would be doing during this year and what would happen during each session.

                Once the girls had been given their booklets and things they need, they made their way out onto the drive where there was a mini fitness course set up.  Riley was a little worried at first, not because she's unfit, because she isn't, she's mega fit.  But she was scared that she was still going to be a bit unwell from Covid.  Stella must've seen the worry on the kids face since she approached Riley calmly, "let me know if you start feeling unwell okay? This is about trying your best not pushing you until you're sick" she placed her hands on Riley's shoulders.  Riley smiled and nodded before taking place in the line, Stella demonstrated how the course should be done, then the girls got on with it.

Luckily Riley was perfectly fine with the fitness, she had no problems at all, and the girls were already becoming really good friends. Next was the theory side of the day, as the girls returned to the make shift classroom, boden and Kelly watched near by, "there's a lot of potential here" Kelly nodded. Boden smiled, "Mmhmm, we're looking at the future of the CFD, all thanks to kidd" he nodded.  Kelly smiled, he couldn't be happier. 

                 "And who knows why you shouldn't pour water onto a grease fire?" Stella smiled.  Everyone kept their hands down, apart from Riley, she raised her hand hesitantly as everyone looked at her curiously.  Stella nodded, "riles?" She smiled.  "Water?" Riley tilted her head.  Stella nodded, "correct, anybody know why?" She enquired.  Once again Riley raised her hand, "because it causes the oil to spread?" She bit her bottom lip nervously.  Stella nodded and smiled, "correct, Riley Halstead you are on fire... did you see what I did there? The firefighter pun?" Stella smiled again and wiggled her eyebrows.  Everyone laughed and shook their heads at her antics, she's making everyone enjoy it even more.  Kelly was stood in the doorway, he too laughed at his fiancées antics, but he was impressed with Riley more so.

At the end of the day everyone was ready for a nap, they were exhausted but it was well worth it, "see you all next week" Stella waved the girls off, "see you soon kiddo" Stella waved Riley off; the firefighter knows she isn't supposed to have favourites, but she's known Riley for a long time now so it's kinda hard to go have her as a favourite. Riley ran down the drive and towards jays truck, "good day?" He smiled and she hopped inside. "Mmhmm" Riley smiled. Jay shook his head and chuckled at the state of her hair but drove away. He's happy if she's happy...