hello?

*one month later*

                      It was the middle of the half term break for Riley, she was sat on the couch just watching TV when jay wandered downstairs, "are you sure you wanna stay here?" He sighed.  Riley nodded, "yeah, the districts only like 5 minutes away I can walk there if I get bored" she smiled.  Jay nodded, "alright, well call me if you need anything and I'll be back at around 5" he walked over to the door.  Riley nodded, "kk" she watched him leave to go to work.  She looked back at the TV and became fully engrossed in the reality tv programme she was watching.  She didn't even realise that a whole hour had passed since jay had left after a while, she looked at the time, 10:30am, oh shoot; it's getting cold and the windows are open.  She sprung up and ran around the house closing all of the windows before she could turn into mr freeze.

She soon got bored and ran upstairs where she put her earphones in and sat down to do some of her schoolwork she had been set, yes she was that bored, bored enough to complete her schoolwork in the holidays.  She just sat humming to the music playing on her phone, not even hearing the crashing noises coming from downstairs.  She was completely oblivious.

~~~~~~~~~

                        Jay was sat at his desk just tapping away at his computer when his phone rang, he rummaged around his desk before picking his phone up and answering the call.
Jay: "hello?"
Caller: -silence-
Jay: "hello? Halstead speaking..."
Caller: -crash- *call ends*

                       He put his phone down and furrowed his brows, huh?  He shook it off and continued to fill in his paperwork.  No longer than 5 minutes later his phone rung again.  He picked it up and sighed, it's the same number.
Jay: "halstead"
Caller: "oh I already know who you are"
Jay: "I'm sorry who's this? Can I help you?"
Caller: "you're too late for helping now, you should've thought about that before you shot my dad last year"
Jay: "look man, I'm really really sorry about that but I need you to know I didn't have a choice. Would you mind telling me your name?"
Caller: "you're funny. What's this? You've killed so many men you don't know who I am? You know full well who I am, it's Parker"
Jay: "no, you're right. I do know who you are, and Parker, I am truly sorry about your dad. Is there anything I can do to help?"
Caller: "help? You're ridiculous. I don't need help, I'm not broken, but you're gonna need all the help you can get, or should I say your little sister will"

His eyes pricked up at the sound of his little sister being mentioned, the unit were already looking at him since they had heard jay panic on the phone a little. He waved his hand in the air and put Parker on speaker phone so they could her. The team gathered around as hank came to see what the fuss was all about, jay took a composed breath before answering the man on the phone.
Jay: "what about her? You do so much as lay a finger on her and I'll make sure you rot in hell"
Caller: "wow, you're getting a little too cocky considering I'm stood right in your kitchen"
Jay: "you're in my house? I will kill you if you touch her, you hear me?"
Caller: "sure you will, I'm just gonna pay her a little visit"
Jay: "I swear to god..."
Caller: "I know, you've already said. Oh look, she's got her head phones in, she doesn't even know I'm here. How funny"
Jay: "do not touch her, let me see her now"
Caller: *puts FaceTime on*
Caller: "see? She's oblivious"
Jay: "look Parker, what'd you want? Money? A favour? I'll give you anything, just leave her alone man..."
Caller: "I don't want any of that, I want you to suffer like I did when I found out my dad died. I want you to feel the pain I felt, and there's only one thing I can do to cause you that pain..."

The teams eyes widened as the man pulled up a gun into the view of the camera, jays heart was racing, he knew they needed to move to his house now but if they stepped away from the camera he could do anything to her.
Caller: "she doesn't know I'm here, she hasn't seen my face, I can take a head shot right now and she'd go painlessly. Wouldn't feel a thing"
Jay: "you dare, Parker don't do this..."
Caller: "why'd you care? You took my dads life without a care in the world, what's stopping me from doing the same to your sister huh? I sure as hell hoped you hugged her a little tighter this morning..."

~~~~~~~~~

                     Riley was sat preoccupied on her bed just sticking and cutting things onto her art project, everything was normal and fine, or so she thought.  She had no clue of the man stood pointing a gun at her head from her doorway, she didn't suspect a single thing.  Just as she was about to glue a red love heart onto the board she felt a huge sharp pain shoot right down her spine, she fell backwards onto the bed before she looked at the doorway to see a man running away, has he been there the whole time? Oh no...

                   She placed her hand on her neck since that's where the pain was routing from and when she drew her hand back down to her chest she was shocked, the amount of blood spewing from her wound was unreal.  The loud pop was still ringing in her ears as she yanked the earphones out of her ears too, "arghh..." she cried out before it all got too much.  She just laid there gasping for air, fighting for her life. This was the second time she's been shot and the feeling was just as bad as last time, maybe even worse.

~~~~~~~~

Jays eyes kept focused on the mans gun which was pointed at his sisters head.
Jay: "Parker plea..."
Caller: *bang*

The unit jumped and stared at the screen in shock, they watched as Riley fell backwards before Parker ran off and the call ended. Jay let out a small sob to himself as hank waved everyone out, "got go go!" He yelled. Jay was the first one down stairs as he dived into his truck, hailey following his every move, "jay..." she held her hand out for the keys. Jay began driving, "I've got it, oh I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch if she doesn't make it..." he spoke shakily.  Hailey knew there was no way of talking jay down from his enraged high so she just frowned and nodded in agreement, she too was a bag of nerves.

                       Like Riley said to jay this morning, 'the district's only like 5 minutes away' from the house, but jay arrived in 2 since he didn't care about any speeding laws, in his eyes they didn't exist in that moment.  He hopped out of his truck and pulled out his gun as he made his way straight upstairs.  He slid right into Riley's room to see her still gasping for air, "okay honey okay, wait no no no riles stay with me" he dived onto the bed and instantly applied pressure to the bullet wound in her neck.  He was just thankful that Parker missed the headshot he was talking about, if he did have better aim he would've found her sat dead right now.  She went limp in his arms, "I..." she went to say something but jay cut her off, "shhhh, it's okay, save your energy. I'm right here, I love you so much..." he held her tight as Brett ran into the room with violet by her side, her newest partner.

                      It broke jay into a million pieces but he needed Riley to know that he loves her, just in case the worst possible scenario does actually unfold, although he prayed to god that it didn't. Hailey placed her chin on jays shoulder as they watched the medics secure her into the backboard, "she's a fighter" she nodded as jays tears strolled seamlessly down his face. He nodded but that wasn't enough to convince him, he was sure he'd never see her again and if he did it would be in a casket. His sadness soon turned into anger when hank walked upstairs and shook his head at Kevin, the medics were carrying Riley into the ambo. Jay scoffed, "where is he?" He tried to leave but the boys stopped him. Hank shook his head, "jay no, he's gone. But Riley needs you, go to med and we'll crack on with finding him" he warned him. Jay huffed in defeat but ran out to find his sister waiting for him in the back of the ambo...