Chapter 6

"Okay." I walk back to my room and for some reason, feel sad after that argument.

"What's wrong with me? Why do I feel bad for telling him to get out of my room? It's probably nothing, I'll just forget about it."

Everyone else in the house was probably asleep by now but I was writing in my journal about my day and everything I felt because I didn't know what else to do about it. Around 3am I get hungry and decide to go make myself a sandwich, so I walk downstairs to the kitchen and start to get all the stuff out when I hear footsteps so I grab a knife and hide. I see someone so I quickly jump at them and hold the knife to their throat.

"It's me Five! Don't slit my throat!" After he says that I realize it's Five, so I take the knife off.

"Sorry, I thought you were someone else." I look down embarrassed, then go back to make my sandwich.

"It's fine. What are you doing down here?" He asks stepping closer to the table.

"I came to make a peanut butter, marshmallow sandwich. Why'd you come down?"

"To do the same thing actually."

"Oh, I can make it for you if you want?" I offer.

"You don't have to if-" I cut him off.

"It's no trouble" I say "I mean I'm already making myself one, so, why not?"

"Okay I guess?" He sits down at the table while he waits. I make the sandwiches and hand him his.

"Here you go." I say sitting across from him at the table.

"Thanks. Um, why are you being nice to me?" He asks me, taking a bite out of the sandwich.

"I- I don't know? I just felt like it, I guess."

"What does this mean?" I say to myself.

"What does what mean?" Five asks confused.

"Nothing!" I answer "I was just thinking about something my dad said when I was younger." I say nervously looking down.

"Hey, I'm not dumb, I can tell you're not telling me the truth."

"Well I never said you were dumb." I say to not have to answer the question.

"Are you planning to do something to my family?" He says kind of mad.

"No!" I quickly answer, "I wouldn't! I'm not capable of doing that right now, I originally was hoping to get back and just rest for a while, but you guys came so now I guess the resting is gonna have to wait a while."

"Yeah me too." Five says. We sit in silence for a minute while we finish our sandwiches.

"Well, I'm gonna go back to my room for the night." He starts to get up from the table.

"Yeah I think I should too." I say also standing up.

"Okay. See you in the morning, I guess?" He says as he starts to leave "thanks for the sandwich."

"You're welcome." I blink to my room and lay on my bed not able to sleep. After a while, I check the time and it's 6:47 am.

"Well, there goes another sleepless night." I say unenthusiastically. I lay in bed contemplating whether or not I should tell someone about what I've been feeling recently.

"Should I tell Ben?" "Should I tell Klaus?" My thoughts say. I snap out of it by the sound of my alarm going off at 7:00am. I sigh.

"I guess it's time to get ready for the day?" I get ready and sit on my bed to wait since it was 7:43 and the bell to rings at 8:00. Ben knocks on my room door, even though it was open.

"Yes, Ben?" I say.

"You can come down and wait in the living room with the Umbrella Academy if you want." He says.

"Okay, thanks."

"No problem!" He says starting to walk away.

"Ben wait!"

"Yeah?"

"Can we talk about something after breakfast? If you're not busy?" I ask nervously.

"Yeah, of course! What's on your mind?"

"Nothing, just- I've been thinking about something lately."

"Alright so-" He gets cut off by Klaus screaming from downstairs.

"Five! My drinking buddy! Get down here! I wanna talk to you!"

"Shut up Klaus!" I hear all his siblings say.

"You guys are just jealous of me and my bestie!" I hear Klaus say with an attitude.

"I think you should go before he starts yelling again." Ben says laughing.

"Yeah probably." I laugh then blink to the couch next to Klaus.

"I'm here now so you can stop yelling!" I laugh and they all jump.

"Can I get a warning next time?!" Klaus says with more attitude.

"You shouldn't need one! You have a Five too!" I answer.

"Yeah but we haven't lived together in over 17 years so I'm not used to it anymore!"

"You never were!" Allison states.

"You weren't either!" Klaus says back.

"None of you ever were!" Five says coming down the stairs.

"That's not true!" Luther states.

*These chapters are pretty short so lmk how you feel about them. If you're confused anywhere just ask. Thanks for reading :)