Chapter 28

I shake my head no and look down.

"Does Five know?"

"Not yet. But do you mind not saying anything until I tell him?"

"Sure."

"Thanks Kev."

"Mhm" He says then leaves.

After my siblings eat breakfast, I walk downstairs.

"You alright Five?" Ben asks me.

"Um, yeah, I'm fine. Why are you asking?"

"Because today's the day the Umbrella Academy goes back home."

"Yeah, I know."

"I'm guessing you're staying?"

"How'd you know?"

"You sounded sad."

I look at the floor.

"Hey, it's alright. I know you made the right decision."

"Thanks, I'm just going to miss them."

"I know, and they're going to miss you too. It happens."

"I know, I know."

"Why'd you-"

"I don't want to talk about this anymore!" I say cutting him off and blinking to my room before Ben could say anything else, "I'm just going to read my book, and wait until, I don't know, something happens I guess."

I decided to stay in my room and read my book because I didn't know what else to do since I was really nervous about everything going on today.

I read the whole book and right when I finished it I heard arguing from downstairs.

"I'm number one!" Luther states.

"And it doesn't matter!" Diego replies, "have you heard Ben say he's number one?! No! Because it doesn't matter!"

"Well, Ben doesn't seem to be the leader type anyway!"

"Don't even go there Luther!" I yell from upstairs.

"Stay out if this!" Luther demands.

"No" I say back, "you're talking about my brother! I have every right to get in this!" I blink to them.

"Five, don't worry I got it." Diego says to me.

"No, Diego! This is my family, I am going to worry!" I turn towards Luther, "and why are you even talking about Ben?!"

"I wasn't, Diego brought him into it!"

"But you're the one who started talking bad about him!" I say stepping closer.

"Five?" Diego says trying to grab my arm.

"Don't touch me right now Diego!" I blink behind Diego and grab one if his knifes then back in front of Luther, "so could you repeat what you said about Ben?" I say fidgeting with the knife.

"Five, Don't." Diego says

I give him the death stare then turn back to Luther.

"Go ahead Luther. Say it." I smile.

"I didn't mean it lik-"

I quickly grab him and hold the knife up to his throat causing Diego to step back.

"Say it!"

"I said Ben doesn't really look like a leader!"

"And why not?!"

"He seems to scrawny and weak."

"Well you know who else does? Me and your brother! We've both killed lots of people. And we look like children!"

"She's got a point Luther." Diego says.

"I don't need your input right now!"

"Sorry."

"And you know what else. As number one, it's your job to lift your siblings up. I've heard nothing but complaints from you since you've gotten here!" I let him go and step back, "I hope you're happy, I let you see another day. But next time, you might not be so lucky." I walk away.

"Can I have my knife back?" Diego says.

"If you can catch it!" I throw it over my shoulder.

Diego catches it.

"Thanks."

I go back to my room and look at my shelves full of stuff from when I was younger.

Then I hear Five pacing around past my room and I open the door.

"Five?" I say.

"Sorry, did I bother you?"

"No, you're fine. Is everything alright?"

"Yes. I was just pacing around, trying to make sure I have everything right before midnight."

"Actually, could we talk about something really quick?"

"Look, angel, I'm sorry but I'm really busy right now. We can talk later." He says walking away very obviously stressed.

"It's alright." I say closing the door again.

The rest of the day is pretty quiet, everybody's getting themselves ready for tonight.

I check the time and see it's 11 pm so I decide to go downstairs and make myself a peanut butter marshmallow sandwich.

I make myself the sandwich and sit on the couch admiring the silence in the house.

"I don't remember the last time it was this quiet in the house." I say eating my sandwich.

At around 11:20 I decide to go back to my room until it's time for the Umbrella Academy to go.

*next chapter is really long and special and I'm gonna be busy on Saturday so I'll post it on Monday