Chapter 17

"Well, are you gonna write him one back?"

"Yeah, I already wrote it."

"Let me see!"

"No!"

They race to grab the note first.

"Got it!" Ben says.

"No, Ben give it back!"

He opens it and holds it in the air and starts reading it while Five jumps to grab it from him.

Ben gasps after reading it.

"You like him too!"

"Maybe..."

Ben gasps again.

"But don't tell anyone!"

"I won't, but when are you gonna give it to him?"

"Later today."

"Alright!"

"Okay, now get out! I don't want to get in trouble right now!"

"Okay I'll leave!"

*BACK TO THE PRESENT*

*Five's(g) POV*

I smile as I read the note because I remembered Aaron and everything we'd do and talk about. Then got a little sad because I told him that we'd be friends forever and but then, I left a month later.

"I wonder if Ben remember this? I'll ask him later. I'm gonna go get a snack." I go downstairs and hear two people talking. It's around 10pm so I wasn't expecting anyone to be downstairs.

I walk downstairs and hear Five having a conversion with Diego.

"Are you serious?" Diego says kind of confused.

"Yes" Five answers, "I'm using Five to kill the Sparrow Academy."

Diego looks over and sees me at the bottom of the stairs with tears in my eyes.

"Um, dude, she's right there." He points towards the stairs.

Five turns around and sees me.

"Uh... Five?"

"Don't talk to me!" I say turning around and running up the stairs.

*Narrator POV*

Five(b) just watches her run upstairs.

"You're not gonna follow her?" Diego asks.

"Nope. Not my problem. That's your brother Five's problem."

"But, aren't you my brother Five?"

"Huh? Oh, no" he shape-shifts, "I'm Marco!"

"Wait-"

"Bye!" He walks away.

"Oh no! I need to tell Five!" He starts running around looking for Five(b).

*Back to Five's(g) POV*

I walk to my room and Five walks in shortly after.

"Hey Five, " he says walking in, "do you-"

"Get out of my room!" I say back mad.

"What? Why?" He says confused.

"I said get out! I'm not talking to you!"

"Wait, why? Did I do something wrong?"

"Don't play dumb Five Hargreeves! You know exactly what you did!"

"But I-"

"I'm done" I say cutting him off, "whatever it is that we had, it's over! And you can have your necklace back!" I rip off the necklace he gave me and throw it at him then slam the door closed.

"Five? Angel? Can you please let me in? Please talk to me!?"

"Go away Five!" I say leaning against the door and sitting on the floor until I eventually fall asleep.

*The next morning*

*Ben's POV*

I walk upstairs to my sister Five's room to ask her if she's gonna eat breakfast, but I see the other Five sleeping on the ground in front of her door.

"Hey Five, did you sleep there the whole night?"

"Yeah, I guess so." He says sitting up.

"Why?

"Five and I got into a misunderstanding and she wouldn't let me talk to her." He says in a sad tone.

"Oh, wel-" I stop mid sentence because I see him fidgeting with Five's necklace, "why do you have Five's necklace?" I say concerned.

Five sighs, then says, "...Because she threw it at me last night." In a sad tone looking up at me.

"Oh, well can I talk to her?"

"Yeah, I guess. I'll just be in my room." He says as he gets up from the floor.

I knock on the door.

"Five? Can I come in?"

"Yeah I'm coming" she says going to open the door, "what's up?" She says walking over to her bed and sitting.

"You alright?" I ask.

"Yeah my back just hurts a little."

"Did you sleep on the floor?"

"No! Why?"

"Because this morning when I came to your room Five was asleep in front of the door, so I'm guessing you were also on the floor. And also your bed's made."

"Okay! Fine! I slept on the floor. So what!" She says in an angry tone.

"Why were you mad at Five last night?"

She starts to tear up after I said that.

"Hey! What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I say really concerned tone sitting down next to her and hugging her.

"I- I overheard Five and Diego talking and Five said he was using me so he could kill the Sparrow Academy." A few tears start to fall while I try comforting her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Five."

"I thought he really cared about me. He gave me happiness. I haven't felt this happy since we were kids, Ben."

"I didn't think he would be the kind of person to d-"

"Me and him are exactly the same" she says not letting me finish my sentence, "I'm not surprised! We've both made people think we felt one way when we really didn't just so we could complete a mission! I don't know why I thought he actually cared and loved me. Nobody's ever really loved me, and nobody ever will!"

"Five! No! Look at me!" I say as I let go of her a bit.

"What?

"You are an amazing person. Five doesn't deserve you. You have your whole family here with you, and we all love you and care for you, so much."

Thank you Ben. I'm glad I have you."

Then, Klaus comes busting through the door.