Grandmas always help

This was torture, his heart beating constantly in a fast rhythm reminding him of the anxiety trying to claw at his skin, the screams and cries of his son as he tried soothing him by bouncing him up and down, the tea kettle boiling in the kitchen. Remembering that was probably the most dangerous he took his wand from the coffee table and turned off the stove, careful not to hurt his baby boy. James had been crying for almost five hours now, he had called Molly and his mother but they weren't here yet.

The sound of the door being opened made him turn around faster than lighting before he realized his son was still sobbing in his arms.

"Harry! I don't know what to do! i've tried everything he won't stop crying. Do you think he's ok? i've called mother and Molly but they're not here" Harry cut him off by placing a calm hand in his mouth, Draco; not fond of the action glared at him, though his gaze softened at the look his husband gave him.

"Draco don't worry, let me call Molly again-" At the same moment the floo flared up and from the green flames a hurried looking Molly Weasley stepped out of the chimney, her eyes landing immediately on the screaming baby who was pulling at his father's shoulder length, blonde hair. She hurried to him and carefully took him from his fathers arms.

"Oh i'm sorry I didn't come any sooner! Rose wanted to bake cookies and then there was dinner" Harry calmed her by saying it was all ok, she smiled that love filled grin at the couple and turned her gaze to the baby. Her eyes seemed to be examining him as if she was a professional healer until her eyes gleamed with two things Draco couldn't quite place. The flames turned a bright green again and from them came a worried looking Narcissa, her attire made Draco snort. She was wearing a shower gown, her blonde rich hair tied in a bun at the top of her hair and she was barefoot.

"Oh pardon me darling! and don't look at me like that i'm your mother." She said with a stern voice and Harry had to smush his face into Dracos shoulder to contain the bubble of laughter that erupted from his chest, her stern blue piercing eyes warmed and the worried look came back to them when she saw little James in Molly's arms. "I'm sorry I couldn't answer any sooner! i was having my afternoon tea when Amy said you called! I tried to get there as fast as possible but i got caught up with Andy and it all became a mess! is he ok?" Draco shrugged and looked Molly's way. Her face was scrunched up as she sat tiny James in her hand -making sure to support his head- and placed his back next to her ear, listening as he took deep breaths, or cries.

"I'm not quite sure but he may have a lung infection, it's quite common actually. Both Percy and Ginny had a lot, thank merlin they didn't get too bad we had to take them to St. Mungos" Molly smiled at them, but Draco and Harry were both looking at each other with worried filled looks. Dracos eyes were gleaming with tears and Harry was smiling sadly at him, of course he knew what Draco was thinking. He probably thought this was his fault, after all he had been staying with James at home all the time since Harry had work.

"Oh darling there's no need to worry, Malfoy's are strong and don't even get me started on a Malfoy-Potter" She teased which made a watery smile appear on both the males lips.

"In fact, if i remember correctly you, my darling Draco. Had a quite bad lung infection when you were just about a month old. I was so worried I didn't sleep a blink while you were being treated at St. Mungos. But now here we are, you a healthy man with a beautiful family. Now you two relax, the grandmas will take care of this and if there's something of the worry, we'll let you know" She shooed them out of the room and into the master bedroom. She smiled kindly as Harry pulled Draco into the bed, landing with a 'oof' and cuddling to his embrace. Closing the door carefully she walked back into the living room and smiled at Molly.

Maybe they weren't friends in the past nor now but that warm feeling of helping another human raise a child and enlighten people with knowledge made both their hearts warm with love. Now all they had to do was take care of the boy. Molly ended up taking a warm wet cloth from the bathroom -charming it so it wouldn't go cold- and placing it on the babies back. Narcissa casted some spells she was taught when she had tried for Healer training, even if they were all simple healing spells they worked wonders. They soothed his back and arms as the baby laid in their lap. No one saying a word as they healed their grandson. Not even thirty minutes later James was sound asleep with a spell bubble around him as a antibacterial protection, soft snores coming from the master bedroom and the sounds of silverware and calm, soft voices coming from the two powerful mothers, grandmothers, witches and overall women chatting about everything and anything as they sipped on tea and freshly bought biscuits.