Flower

Angst
Character death
It's inspired by Vince from the band Mötley Crüe and his daughter.
Possible tw:
Mentions of alcohol
Hospitalized character

He had been lounging in his sofa with a bottle of vodka in his hand, the liquid half gone and the other empty bottles in the floor next to cigarettes. His head felt like a loud and pounding concert that didn't seem to stop, he groaned and went to grab the pain killers in the coffee table but his hand was stopped by a soft one on his wrist and so he looked up and was met with concerned and pitiful silver eyes, they were looking at him and the different substances around him, the other man sighed and with a flick of his wand, vanished the mess.

"Harry" It was almost a whisper, yet it resonated in his pounding head like a million fireworks and he squinted his eyes to try and get rid of it, to no avail. The other man walked to the kitchen, opening and closing various cabinets until he found the right one and pulled a small vial with a red liquid from it. He was handed the potion and unconsciously downed it, immediately taking in the effects of the fluid. "I'm sorry" He murmured and the other man sighed.

"Harry, she wants to see you. I know it's hard Harry but please be strong for her...for me" A short intake and hitch of breath caught in his throat and suddenly his mouth was dry and his tongue heavy with feelings, his eyes stung and he could feel the clear tears behind them, desperately trying gulping them down. He took a deep breath and walked to the floo, standing next to his husband, the one who had been with him for anything, helped him through his nightmares, the countless times they both thought were unworthy of one and other and would rock silently in the scary silence of the night and just think, the husband who had carried her beautiful daughter, the husband of whom he had held his hand while he screamed, cried and groaned seconds before meeting the tiny, warm and blonde bundle of their baby. The mere thought of her made his stomach turn, a sick feeling in his gut, his eyes stung again and this time he couldn't do anything besides taking his husband's arm and hearing him mention "St. Mungos Pediatrician ward!"

His vision erupted in green flames and then a anxiety inducing white, not a warm white like a morning sun, no. A white that made your skin crawl, your heart tighten and your lungs give out, exploded in his eyes. He straightened his back and without missing the hurriedly nervous glance his husband gave him, he started walking to the room.

101...102...103...104...105

"the end of the hall" he remembered the words the nurse had told her when they first got the horrible news.

106...107...

108.

He cleared his throat which burned and a tight knot caught in it, but he carefully swallowed back all the emotion and a strained yet calm and warm smile appeared in his face.

He opened the door.

There, in the bed, was Lydia. Despite the million machines, patches, gauze and needles covering her tiny body, her eyes light up when he had come in. Though it only lasted for a few seconds and Harry thought he might not be able to do this when his baby's chin wobbled, her forehead scrunched up, her soft and tiny face turned a red from discomfort and stress and vibrant green like emerald eyes shone with clear tears. Harry gulped down his own tears and sat down in a chair next to her daughter, the 4 year old craned her head to look at him and Harry almost sobbed at the sight.

"I wanna go home Daddy" A tear escaped her eye, those eyes that looked at him with curiosity when she was only a small baby, the eyes that had watched how Draco and Harry danced around the living room every evening in their tiny cottage at the top of a hill, the same eyes that would show every single emotion and portrayed such a warm and king feeling it was addicting, those same eyes that now were in pain and suffered day by day, all because of the damm tumor in her tummy.