Momma & Cuddles

⚠️MENTION OF DEATH⚠️

Mina scoots over towards me,"M-momma? Is that your mom Kaminari?" She asks. I nod as tears roll down my face, "it is. I forgot I had this picture... I took it and hid it before Daiko could burn it." A hand is placed on my head.

"It's okay Kaminari." I look up and see Mr. Aizawa. "T-thank you for finding it Mr. Aizawa... thank you so much," I say as I hold the picture frame close to my chest.

"No need to thank me. And please, outside of school just call me Shota, Mr. Aizawa sounds too formal in this situation."the teacher says while caressing my hair.

I nod, "Okay... I'm sorry for shouting at you earlier."

"It's understandable why you did, so don't be sorry." Shota says as he kneels down in front of me. "Let's just focus on helping you out, okay?"

"Okay..."

"Your mom's really pretty Kaminari," Hanta says from behind me, I flinch at the unexpected sound. "Sorry sorry!" He says.

"No! Y-you're okay, I just wasn't expecting you there..." I say as I remove the picture frame from my chest and stare at it, "and thank you. She really was."

"She's got bright yellow hair just like you Kami!" Eijiro says. I nod and give a small 'mhm'.

I feel the bed dip next to me, "you've got her eyes." Katsuki says. I smile at this.

"You and her look so cute together!" Mina shouts while leaning on my side. I lean right back into her, "Thanks Mina."

"Isn't that the same dress Mina wore?", Hanta asked, I nod, "pretty right?"

"If you don't mind me asking... How did your mom die?" Eijiro asks as I feel his head rest on my shoulder.

"...For a long time, all I can remember is that my parents always fought, yet the pictures on the wall say a different story. I never had a great relationship with Daiko, but I always got along with my Mom." I say as I take myself off of Mina and lean onto Katsuki.

A hum from Shota fills the room, "she was always so kind. She'd always play with me, go outside with me... And protect me. Anytime she and Daiko had a fight, she always made sure I was safe." I say with a sigh,

"Daiko and Momma never really had happy moments together. There was always something that ticked Daiko off and go crazy on her... Sometimes it was just yelling, other times it was hitting."

Mina lays her head on my shoulder, "I don't remember too much of what exactly happened... But one night they were having a horrible fight, all I remember a flash, and hearing Momma's screams fade. After she died, Daiko burned any and all pictures with her... But kept her clothes for some reason."

"She tried... She tried so hard to make sure I was happy and safe," I say with a crack in my voice, "but she died because of it. I-i it's-"

"It's not your fault Kaminari," I look over and stare at Katsuki. "I'm sure she did it because she wanted to and loved you." He says with a mumble.

Mina wraps her arms around my waist and squeezes, "yeah! She sounds like she was great and did the best she could for you!" She says with her cheeks puffed out.

My hair is ruffled, "you're safe now! Never gonna let you get hurt again." Hanta says. "Hanta my hair!" I shout as I shake my head. Eijiro and Katsuki laugh in the background.

"Kaminari, I promise we'll find that bastard and lock him up." Shota says with determination laced in his voice.

"Thanks Shota," I say with a smile.