Twentieth

Twentieth

It's getting worst and out of hand.

"Our midterms examination, as you can see, is just two weeks away from today. The school decided that a week before that, we will give you the time to review your subjects. That week is already next week, there will be no classes. Review while you still can. Gain knowledge and use the given time to store it. I am encouraging all of you to do your best and pass your exams"

Joong is not getting any better.

"This is all for today. Class dismiss"

He's getting more and more worst as day pass by. The chemotherapy treatment which was suppose to get him ready for the transplant seems to be the major problem who wants to end him even before we can pass to the next stage.

"Nine, are you planning to stay the night here?"

I'm losing it alread—

"You're spacing out again!!"

I got pulled from my deep thinking when someone flicked my ear with full force. I look up at Yujie with a combination of annoyed and questioning look.

My ear is stinging, for real!!

"What?" I asked him.

"It's already time to go home, we're the only one left in here and you seem to not have any plans to leave the room" he impatiently stated that made me stand up and roam my sight around.

Haist, I really spaced out.

"Alright. Sorry, let's go"

It has been two additional weeks since that hell week, no one told me that the following will be much even worst. Joong already received his second and third bags of chemotherapy drugs and like what I expected, his state doesn't change for the better. His bone marrow is not improving, still not ready for the transplant that made the situation required more therapy sessions instead of having only two like what the doctor once said.

"And if you haven't heard what our professor said earlier, our midterms exams will be next next week. Next week, we don't have to attend classes but we have to review all of our previous lessons" Yujie informed me and I gave him a nod.

Next week is a free week, I better pack my clothes and stay at the hospital with Joong. Yes!! That's what I should do.

"That's great" I murmured, giving him a small smile because of the idea that entered my mind. Finally, I can stay 24/7 in the hospital!

We both part ways when we arrived outside the room. I just gave him a tap in his shoulders accompanied by a nod as a goodbye before I go straight at the metal bench where Patrick is laying. Oh, he never changed! He's really not feeling even a slight amount of shyness for sleeping here outside!

"Hey, let's go now" I kick the bench's foot slightly to inform him of my presence and it actually worked. Patrick lazily opened his eyes to sit down before standing up.

"Work again! Good thing next week is a free week. I can finally get my rest" he lazily complained as we both walk our way outside the building.

"I'm looking forward to that too. I might stay at the hospital for the whole week" I informed him about my plans right away.

"I'll visit there too. I'll visit P'Joong while also checking on you if you're really reading your books or just staring at him all day. I'll make sure you won't ignore your academic responsibilities" he strictly informed me about his plans and I laughed at him.