• 22 •

It was a boring Saturday for Aditi. Her thoughts were plagued thinking about her husband. Did he go out to the pub with his friend? Or a common friend's party? Was Rahul hosting a party at his home?

She was making herself breakfast when she received a call from her mother. It was a good distraction. Every time she spoke to her mother she realized, she was missing other important humans in her life too. 

Her father was around so the two of them were talking to her. Aditi found them adorable. She wondered if Karan and her could ever achieve the understanding that her parents had between them. 

"How's work going, beta?" Her father had asked. Aditi smilingly filled him in. Her father had always been proud of her academic achievements. Aditi always wanted him to be that proud father. 

It was when the topic of her sister came up that she learned from her parents that Ruchi was attending some brain waves analysis workshop. Aditi silently absorbed the data. Her sister had also taken money from her parents. 

Aditi's gut feeling was becoming stronger, something was off. Ruchi took money from her as well but she had said it was for some forensic workshop. What was this girl up to? Aditi wondered.

Once she got off the call, she decided to call Karan. It was quarter past ten. She dropped her idea, he probably wouldn't even be up. 

Done with breakfast and cleaning of the apartment, Aditi sat to analyze how much money had she actually sent to her sister over the past few months. The observations were alarming. Almost every alternate month she sent her an average of ten thousand rupees. 

She called Karan, sinking comfortably in her makeshift couch.

"Hey!" He mumbled picking up the call.

"Are you still asleep?"

"Yeah," came his soft rumble.

"Sleep!" She sighed.

"Okay!"

The call ended. Aditi wondered if he was hungover. His frequent drinking over weekends had begun to bother her. What if he ended up being an alcoholic? She distinctly remembered how, when they had first met, he had said he was an occasional drinker. Well, there were way too many occasions in his life.

Aditi was putting up the poster she had received as her birthday gift on the wall. She had called her sister a little after lunch. She stuck to having a casual chat, filling her sister on her life away from home, hoping she'd get to hear about hers. However, Ruchi was very guarded. She barely spoke about anything other than her hospital duties, assignments, tests and lectures. There was no mention of workshops.

Aditi didn't bring up the workshops either. She instead tried getting other information from her. Like what was her routine, where was she interning, which department she had got a duty on. 

Looking satisfactorily at Harvey's smiling picture on the wall, she sighed. Maybe she could binge watch a few episodes of suits to take her mind off everything that was seemingly going wrong in her life.

She was close to end of the first episode of the day when she received Karan's call. She was tempted to ignore the call. Why should he be the only one to seem busy? She was also busy. With Harvey Specter! But then she'd go mad if she didn't share her bothering piece of mind with him.

"Hi!"

"Hi! Missed me?"

Aditi smiled. Perhaps it was his flirtatious voice that could get a smile on any girl's face. "Nope. You disturbed me, I was admiring my dream man."