• • 7 • •

Aditi lay on the bed swiping her finger on her mobile screen. She zoomed on the picture Karan had sent her in the evening just before leaving home. His lips were curved up into a handsome curve. He was winking in the picture. Jeez, he was so handsome! Just like the first time she saw him, Aditi had a warm fluttery feeling in her heart.

Aditi wondered how she had gotten so lucky. Karan seemed to be just what she wanted in a man. He was smart, funny, sensible, loving and yet there was this whole bad boy vibe he carried around.

She was cross that he had very purposefully worn a white shirt. He had left the first two buttons open. By just looking at his picture she knew it wasn't just the beard he had trimmed, the hair on his chest also seemed to be missing. She bit her lower lip, admiring his picture. 

She was still in the process of understanding him. He was a natural at winning hearts, especially those of women. He could literally charm his way into any girl pants and that she could say by first hand experience. 

He had her parents impressed, then her cousins and then had very effortlessly scored her heart. He had been a true gentleman. Aditi was sceptical initially, she really didn't know what kind of guy she'd like to spend her whole life with. But as time went by, she knew she wanted that guy to be Karan.

But of course, everyone came with flaws. Not all expectations were always met. As much as she loved the attention he gave her, she also hated how he was still the same guy who still flirted with women and won hearts. Hell, even her cousins were always giggling and having a fun time when he was in the room. His carefree yet modest attitude was always appreciated. That didn't go down well with her. Maybe being around him, she had started being greedy for all of him. 

Once upon a time, the very thing that seduced her heart into melting for him now somehow bothered her. 

Just weeks back she was glad that her husband was actually supporting her career choices and was settling for staying away from her. But now she felt as though he was tired of being around her and was now enjoying when she was away.

Karan was like a free bird in the sky while she was more like the bird that loved being in a cage or in familiar environments. He was wild. He loved doing things he was refrained from doing. She still remembered how he had sneaked into her room the night before their wedding, simply because he was asked not to. "I get a kick out of doing everything that I am specifically told to not do!" He had told her that night.

Her phone beeped and there were more pictures from her husband. One was with the guys. In the second one, it was the entire gang. And in the final, third, one they were all posing around the pool table. She didn't have to guess it was the country club. Rahul, his bestie had a membership there. Rahul Khurrana was filthy rich. The entire gang generally hanged around at his place or the club. 

She quickly doubled tapped the screen over Preeti's picture. Oh, what a bitch! She was standing between her husband and Raaj, an arm around each. Aditi fumed looking at the lady. She was dressed in a cherry red sleeveless top with good view at her cleavage. Aditi could bet she was wearing some real good push up bra underneath. Maybe she should really upgrade her wardrobe too. 

Aditi sighed and placed her phone aside. It was seven thirty and she had no mood to cook. She could think of two options. One order some pizza and Netflix away. Two, get dressed up and explore the new city she was in and have some real fun. 

She took a deep breath. She wasn't going the option one. Why should boys have all the fun? She was going out. She quickly got up and rushed to her closet. She pulled out a jeans a black casual top. 

Within twenty minutes, she was ready in her skinny jeans and black top. The night was breezy so she paired it with her grey shrug. She quickly wore her loop earrings and smiled. She took a few pictures of herself. No, she wasn't going to send them to him. But, she just loved what she saw and had to capture it. She decided to call her new colleague and friend, Tina and ask her if she's in for eating out. 

One hour later, Aditi was walking down the bustling shopping street, laughing and giggle with her friend Tina as they made their way to a Thai restaurant. The vibration of her phone, made her stop momentarily and reach out to see if it was him. It wasn't. It was a message from her mobile service provider, just another promotional message. She smiled and nodded as Tina suggested they check out the dresses on sale. Maybe she should just stop being a wife and be herself!

 Maybe she should just stop being a wife and be herself!