• 29 •

Aditi stirred a little, opening her eyes. "What's the time?" she mumbled, looking up at Karan who was sitting up with his bare back against the backrest. He seemed to have ended his short nap, very quick.

"Half past four." He replied with a smile. His hand reached out to caress her cheeks.

She smiled, closing her eyes, loving his affectionate touch.

"Wake up."

"The evening function is at seven." She mumbled.

"Yes, but I have called a mehndi artist for you. The lady should be here by in the next ten minutes or so."

"What? Why? How?"

"I just booked it on the app — OYD, on-your-doorstep," He said, continuing the caress her cheeks, lazily pushing away the strands of her lustrous black hair.

"You can be really sweet at times," she mumbled, holding the sheet against her chest as she sat up beside him.

"At others?" He asked grinning. His hand putting a cushion behind her back.

Aditi held the white sheet to her bare chest, "Annoying!"

"Really?"

Aditi smiled, "please get me my slip or a tank top."

Karan nodded and got off the bed. Aditi admired her husband's naked glory. He used his feet to pick up his discarded boxers and put them on, before marching to her bag.

He pulled out a black slip, and looked at it analytically before chucking it towards her. "is that okay?"

Aditi picked it up from the mattress as quickly as it landed. "yep!" She answered quickly slipping it on while he walked back to he bed.

As soon as he sat on the bed, she plucked a cushion and placed it on his lap, and lay her head on it, looking up at him. He smiled and caressed her face.

"I think it would be better to get a little more appropriately dressed." He commented with a smile, tracing patterns using his fingertips on her cheek.

"You said ten minutes."

"Yeah," He murmured, resting his left hand near her collarbone. Their gazes locking.

"What are you thinking?" He asked when none of them spoke for a while.

"Nothing," Aditi muttered.

"Fine, don't tell." He mumbled, caressing her hair.

She instantly smiled, meeting his gaze. "I was thinking about us."

"What about us?"

"Our relationship..." She said sinking back into her thoughtfulness. She loved how he drew slow lazy patterns on her forehead.

"Do you want me to move back to Pune?" She spoke up and then added, "I mean immediately, leaving this project mid-way?"

"No way. I want you to complete it and give it your best shot." He replied, slightly surprised at her question.

"So you don't miss me that much? Hmm, I think you love your bachelor life."

Karan smirked, "Of course. I love sleeping alone, eating alone, coming back to an empty home."

Aditi giggled, "Yeah, you missed out – boys night with Rahul, parties with your friends and eating at your favorite diners."

Karan chuckled.

"On a serious note, are you really okay with it?" She reiterated.

"Yes, I am."

"What if this project goes on for the next three months or four?"