The Soldier and the Senator ~ Fives x Reader

Word count: 3.3k
Warnings: NSFW, smut, flirting, urgent sex, dirty talk, Fives is oblivious again, fluff, Echo is tired of his brother's shenanigans
•••
There were nights that Fives just preferred to drink by himself. Sometimes he needed to think, and he usually couldn't do that when Echo was chewing his ear off with his chatter. The cantina he had entered was small with only one bar and a handful of patrons. Perfect for the relaxation he needed.

The planet that the 501st was currently occupying was peaceful when all the droids were gone. Their invasion wasn't as advanced as it had sounded when the planet asked for Republic aid. They were able to be eradicated much easier than everyone had thought.

Fives swirled the liquor around in his glass, listening to the rain fall heavily on the roof and getting lost in his thoughts. His mind wandered, to the war, his brothers, everything that usually haunted him. He tried to push it out of his mind, downing his drink and asking for another. He heard someone sit down at the bar a few chairs away from him but paid it no mind. Until he heard their voice.

He looked to his right and found himself looking at the most beautiful woman he’d ever seen. She looked like royalty as she sat on the barstool, waiting for the bartender to make her drink. Fives was instantly mesmerized by her. She was clothed in a fancy dress that only enhanced her beauty and her hair was done in a way that drew attention to her face. He couldn’t stop staring and his first impulse was to try and talk to her. He watched out of the corner of his eye, waiting until her drink was almost gone before engaging her.

“Can I refill your drink?” He asked. The woman turned to look at him. “I don’t see why not,” she said with a smile. Fives motioned to the bartender, “Put her drinks on General Skywalker’s tab.” That seemed to catch the woman’s attention. “That’s right, you’re with the army, aren’t you?” Her voice was upbeat and cheerful, Fives found himself smiling just hearing it. He nodded, “Yes, ma’am.” She smiled. “I’m so thankful for your help. Maker knows how much destruction those droids would have caused. Thanks to you, the planet is safe again.”

Fives blushed. “Well, it wasn’t just me. We’re all doing our part as a team, my brothers and I,” he explained. “Well, tell your brothers that I extend my thanks to them as well. You all saved my home,” the woman said kindly.

Fives picked up his drink and moved to sit next to her. “I will, they’ll be happy to hear it. I must ask, why is a woman as beautiful as yourself visiting this unworthy joint,” He said, turning on the charm. “Oh,” the woman blushed, looking at her drink, “That’s awfully nice of you umm...what’s your name?” Fives was shocked for a split second, when most people asked him for identification they asked for his number, not usually his name.

“I’m Fives,” he answered, tapping at his tattoo. She giggled at his action. “I see,” she said, her hand lifting towards his face subconsciously. She realized what she was doing a second later. “I’m so sorry, that was improper of me,” she apologized. “No, don’t worry,” Fives took her hand and guided it up to brush against his tattoo. She smirked adoringly. “It suits you,” she said, “But I don’t know why it’s a five, I think you’re a ten out of ten.”

Fives was taken aback, he hadn’t expected her to flirt back at him. Ok, this could be interesting.

“You’re too kind, sweetheart. What’s your name?” He asked. “Y/N. Correct me if I‘m wrong, but those mean you’re important, right?” She asked, pointing to his kama. “You are correct, I’m an ARC trooper. Second in command to the Captain,” he winked. “I wish you were the Captain. Your current one is...a little...serious. No offense,” she said hesitantly. Fives laughed, “None taken from me, darling. Rex can be a bit stingy sometimes. But he’s a good leader.” “He is,” she agreed, “I saw him in action and I think it was you who was next to him. Your skills are impressive.” Fives put his elbow on the bar. “Which skills?” He asked with a suggestive smirk, looking her up and down. She smirked right back. “I’m sure you have many. Is it hard to shoot a blaster? I’ve wanted to learn.”