Insomnia Interrupted~Sinker x Reader

Word count: 2,307
Warnings: cute fluff, cuddling, assumptions, Wolffe gets big pissed
•••
Sinker looked over at the clock on the wall, 0300. How had he managed to wake up so early in the morning? With nothing else to do and the urge to get up, he decided to visit the refresher before trying to get back to sleep. On his way back he passed the common room. He glanced inside and noticed the shape of a person sitting in front of the viewport. Sinker stopped and chose to investigate. As he walked closer he saw it was you sitting with your knees pulled up to your chest looking out the viewport. 

"(Y/n)? What are you doing up this late?"

"You mean this early?" You sighed, "I can't sleep, nightmares." Sinker sat down next to you and was able to see your face. "You look like you haven't slept in days."

"I haven't, it's been at least 38 hours," You ran a hand over your face. "Jedi aren't supposed to have nightmares," you mumbled.

"Everyone has nightmares," Sinker said, "It's part of being human."

"Well then I wish I wasn't human." 

That statement made him sad. Sinker always thought you were a wonderful person. As General Plo Koon's padawan you were a strong and kind individual. He had always admired your perseverance and hopeful spirit.

"You don't mean that, do you?" He questioned hesitantly. 

"I don't know, it'd be fun to be a Jawa. I'm already short and adorable."

Sinker laughed causing you to look at him and smirk. Another thing he liked about you was your ready and blunt humor. According to Comet, her jokes were the only ones who could rival Sinker's.

You looked back out the viewport and Sinker just stared. Stars, she was beautiful. Her hair seemed to shine and her eyes reflected the blue and white lights of hyperspace. He watched as she folded her hands over her knees. Her skin looked so smooth and he wanted nothing more than to hold her hands in his. He moved closer, as if it would bring him nearer to his wish.

"Have you tried anything to make the nightmares go away?" He suggested, "Or something to make you sleep? Pills, injections, meditation, cuddling, anything like that?"

You chuckled, "Everything but the cuddling, as nice as that sounds."

"What's preventing you from trying?" It was only after you glanced his way did he understand why, and an embarrassed blush spread across his face. "Oh right, Jedi code and everything. I'm sorry I forgot about-"

"I would be willing to try," you interrupted. Sinker looked at you with one eyebrow raised, curiosity in his gaze. "Only if you were offering." You unfolded from your bent up position and sat so your legs were touching his. He could tell you were nervous by how tense your body was. He also saw how tired you were by the dark bags under your eyes and the whites of them slightly reddened.

"I'll cuddle with you if you think it'll help you sleep. Even if it doesn't, it'd still be nice," He mumbled the last part. You managed a smile and got to your feet, "Let's go to my room." 

You extended a hand and helped Sinker up. The two of you made your way to your room, Sinker still in his blacks, luckily you encountered no one else on your walk. You entered your room with Sinker close behind you, immediately taking off the top layers of your robes and your boots, throwing them over a chair. "Make yourself comfortable, Sinker."

He looked around, the room was mostly neat save for a few things, like a stray datapad and the robes you just threw. He noticed it was warm in your room, you must have something running to keep the temperature up. Sinker went to remove the top half of his blacks before stopping and asking: "Do you mind if I..?" He gestured vaguely to his shirt. "No, go ahead. I've read skin to skin contact has benefits for one's health."