Jesse's Girl~Jesse x Reader

Word count: 1755
Warnings: fluff, secret relationships, Jesse is v protective, adorable ending, Fives is oblivious
•••
The crowd at 79s was buzzing tonight, everyone anticipating their main form of entertainment this evening. A small group of dancers were set to do a dance routine and hang around for the rest of the night.

This particular group of dancers were very talented and always drew many excited cantina-goers, including the men of the 501st. Jesse, Fives, Kix, and Hardcase sat in their booth close to the dance floor waiting and watching for it to start.

Kix and Hardcase were discussing which dancer they thought they could buy a drink for while Fives and Jesse stared into the distance impatiently. Finally, the usual music stopped and the dance floor was cleared. Everyone quieted down and drew their attention to the dance floor. New music started to play and six dancers sauntered out from the crowd, taking their places. Two of the dancers were Twi’leks, there were Zabraki twins, one human, and one Chiss. All beautiful. They started their routine, moving gracefully with and around each other, sending winks and smirks to the soldiers.

As Jesse watched, one dancer stood out to him. While all the dancers wore skimpy clothing, the human woman was wearing the most. She was wearing a skirt that hugged her waist and hips but it was long enough to cover everything when she moved and bent over. Her wrap top covered her chest completely and went around her neck, which left her arms, legs, and stomach exposed. Her hair was let down, the (h/c) locks falling perfectly around her face. Jesse was star struck and he stared at her with what she would call ‘lovey dovey eyes’. She made eye contact with him and smiled brightly, exaggerating her moves and keeping in sync perfectly without breaking eye contact with him.

He loved how she could pick him out of a crowd of people, most of whom he shared the same face with, and he knew it wasn’t because of the republic insignia tattooed on his face. She had told him it was because of the way he looked at her, she could feel his eyes whenever he looked at her. That was a good thing because most of the time the only thing they could afford was stares, glances, and occasional hand holding.

Jesse knew well enough that none of them were allowed to have relationships other than quick hook ups. That’s why his relationship with you was a secret. He was pretty good at hiding it, as were you. Whenever he was on Coruscant he made sure to see you no matter what excuse he had to use, or who he had to bribe.

Your routine ended and the room erupted in applause. All the dancers bowed and, as the normal music and chatter resumed, they scattered throughout the establishment. Most of the other dancers moved through the soldiers, hanging on their arms and talking, hoping for drinks or tips and generally providing good company for the war-worn men.

You walked slowly around the room winking and waving at anyone who looked your way, taking your time to get to the table where your boyfriend sat. 

You saw one of the Zabrack twins pull an officer towards one of the rooms in the back and you shook your head with a smile. Undoubtedly he had paid her for a private dance. Technically, none of you were supposed to accept their offers for a personal experience. But sometimes they offered large amounts of credits that some of the girls couldn’t turn down, whatever happened was up to the dancers. Which is probably why said certain Zabrack twin was always coming back with red marks all over her neck. You were never like that, you never accepted any money no matter how much, you were loyal to Jesse.

Little did you know, one ARC trooper had his eye on you the entire night and wanted you to himself.

Fives threw back the rest of his drink and set it down sharply on the table, he looked over his shoulder and noticed you coming towards their table. He leaned over to the rest of the boys. “Wish me luck,” he said. “Maker knows you need it, but why specifically this time?” Kix asked. “You remember all those credits I won at the sabacc tournament against the 212th?” The three other men nodded, “Well, I just found the perfect way to way spend them.” Fives motioned to you where you were talking with a couple members of the Coruscant Guard.