Treasured Times~Obi-Wan Kenobi x Reader

Word count: 789
Warnings: very fluffy fluff, Obi-Wan being a great boyfriend, blanket burritos
•••
"Darling, I'm home!" Obi-Wan called out as he entered your shared apartment on Coruscant. He grew confused when you didn't respond right away. You normally ran to greet him at the door, especially when he came back from his missions.

Obi-Wan began searching around the apartment. Everything was in its proper place like always. The kitchen looked like it had been cleaned recently and the living room was untouched. Had you gone out? No that couldn’t be, Obi-Wan could sense your presence. You were here, he just didn’t know where. He stopped for a moment and listened, also finding it odd that it was completely quiet. Maybe you were sleeping. Obi made his way to the bedroom but, upon opening the door, found no sign of you. The only thing there was your favorite blanket laying in a heap on the bed. Obi-Wan smiled fondly at the memory of when he gifted you that blanket.

It had been wintertime on Coruscant when you had told Obi-Wan about how the people on your home planet had celebrated a holiday known as Christmas around this time of year. He had wanted to know more about the tradition and you were happy to tell him about it. Obi-Wan recalled watching your face light up as you talked non-stop about happy memories you had with your family. You remembered fun gifts that you gave and received and explained the process of how gift giving worked. Obi-Wan knew this tradition meant a lot to you and suggested that the two of you celebrate together. It was the happiest he’d ever seen you. Since there were no trees on Coruscant large enough to decorate, you and Obi-Wan hung handmade decorations and pictures on the walls. When it came to the gift giving, you gave Obi-Wan a new datapad and he had gotten you the biggest fluffiest blanket he could find. You loved it and would wrap yourself in it and lay for hours when you had the time.

Obi-Wan checked the two refreshers in your apartment with no results. He went back to the bedroom to check again, still finding nothing but the large fluffy blanket on the bed. He was about to leave when he thought he saw the blanket move. Obi-Wan crept closer and came to a stop next to the headboard. From this angle he was able to see your closed eyes and nose sticking out from the blanket. You had wrapped it around yourself and was now a roll of fluff and love, breathing slowly as you slept. Obi-Wan could practically feel his heart swell at the adorable sight before him. He knelt on the floor and put his arms on the edge of the bed so he was eye level with you. He watched your eyes flutter open and crease, indicating that you were smiling.

“Evening, love,” he greeted.

You pulled the blanket down so your mouth was exposed. “Evening, Obi. Glad you’re home safe,” you mumbled groggily.

He smiled, “Comfortable?”

You sighed contently, “You have no idea.”

Obi-Wan chuckled, “Shall I make dinner then?”

“Just order something,” You hummed, “The only thing that would make me more comfortable is if you were in here with me.”

“Alright, give me a few minutes.”

He got up and made his way to the living area, grabbing his datapad and punching in an order from your favorite restaurant. He checked everything over and then headed back to the bedroom. You had uncurled yourself from half of the blanket and laid it out for him. Obi-Wan kicked off his boots and laid down on the blanket curling himself up in the other half, his face now inches from yours.

“I missed you,” You said, pecking a kiss on his nose.

“I missed you too, my dear. Anything exciting happen while I was gone?” He inquired.

“No, just more rumblings in the senate. I heard Senator Amidala will be coming in from Naboo to vote against the creation of an army,” You said. Obi hummed in response. “How goes Anakin’s training?”

Your question caused Obi-Wan to sigh and roll his eyes. “He is learning but slowly, and still as reckless as ever.”

You giggled, “I hope he doesn’t drag you into the messes he creates by being so reckless.”

“On the contrary, I usually get the full force of them.”

You laughed, “Well it can’t be too bad if you’re still here.” You cupped his cheek with your hand and he leaned into your touch. “I’m so glad I have you.”

Obi-Wan turned his head to kiss the palm of your hand, “And I, you, my love.”