Prologue

Lily woke up alone in her hospital room. She stretched and let out a yawn before reaching over and grabbing her phone. It was only 7:30 a.m., a nurse wouldn't come check on her until 8.

She smiled and opened up an app on her phone called "Love is the cure!" She opened up a save and started playing one of the secret routes.

"Oh Lily, you're the love of my life. I'm so glad I get to be your boyfriend now that the horrible Maria is gone!" said a boy on screen. He smiled at her, and she smiled back. She continued to play through the root until she was interrupted by a

*Knock knock knock* The door opened up and a nurse stepped inside.

"Lily, it's time for your tests,"

Lily sighed and saved her game. She felt like saying that the tests wouldn't work, they never did, but she knew that would be "too negative" according to the nurses here. So she just stayed silent as the nurse escorted her down the familiar hallways.

Later, after all the awful, painful, horrible tests, Lily was back in her uncomfortable hospital bed. She felt tired, but still picked up her phone to continue the game.

"What did I ever do to deserve a girl like you, Lily?" She smiled through the dull pain as she finished the last chapter.

"I've finally 100% completed the game, now I can die happily," she plugged in her phone for the night, then laid back and fell asleep to the beeping of the machines around her.

When she woke up, she was blinded by a bright white light.

"Ugh, it's too early for this,"

She was still in her hospital gown and bed, and at first glance she thought was in her hospital room too.

But instead she was in . . . a white void? No, that couldn't be right.

"Am I dreaming?" she wondered out loud.

"No, you're dead, sorry about that,"

"What! Who said that?" she looked around for the voice, but couldn't find anyone.

"Ahm, down here,"

She looked down to her left and saw an African American man who couldn't be more than 4 feet tall wearing a dark blue suit.

"Nice to meet you Miss Lily Smith. I'm God, and I have much to discuss with you,"

"You're God? But aren't you-"

"Too short? Why does everyone always assume that I would be tall," he shook his head, but then shot her a smile.

"Let's start the negotiations now," he snapped his fingers, and suddenly she was no longer sitting in her hospital bed, but instead sitting on a nice plush chair.

The man-God-, was sitting in an identical chair across from her.

"Would you like some tea before we start? I find that it makes people more relaxed." he snapped his fingers again and various types of teas appeared next to her.

"I have green tea, English tea, bubble tea, ice tea, sweet tea, and cosmos tea, and I can always get more if you want,"

"No, it's alright. I'll just take uhhh. . .this one," Lily picks up a bottle of tea with a galaxy design. She twisted open the cape and took a tentative sip, before chugging it all down.

"Wow! This is amazing!"

"Ah, cosmos tea, everyone's favorite. Milk comes straight from the milky way." he snapped his fingers and another bottle appeared, and she imminently opened it up and started drinking

"But anyways," he pressed his hands together and leaned forward. "Let's get to business,"

"You are dead, and there is no way to give you back your old life,"

Lily stopped drinking. "Oh. Then-then what happens now?"

"Will now, you would normally be on your way to Heaven, Hell, or Purgatory. But you are a special case, because your death was an accident, and I'm truly sorry for that,"

"Oh," Unsure of what to do, she took another sip of her tea.

"And to make up for that, I'm offering you a deal. I can send you into another world, full of magic and enchantment, bu-"

"That sounds amazing! Oh oh oh, can I get magical powers? Fire magic is cool, no wait that's dangerous. Maybe ice magic! But that sounds too cold. Oh, I got it, healing magic!"

"Ahem," God coughed, and Lily sheepishly stopped talking.

"As I was saying, you can get healing magic, but at a cost. You will be put in a difficult life with many obstacles, and the god of that world won't be as kind as me. I can always send to you to Purgatory if you don't want to take the risk,"

Lily was silent for a moment. "Should I take the easy route and just go to Purgatory? It would save me a lot of trouble, but . . . I have another chance to live, a chance where I can go to college, get a boyfriend, do magic! I can't give that up!"

"I'll go to the other world," she said confidently.

God smiled at her. "Well then, I hope you have fun in your new life as Maria Bonaparte,"

"Why does that name sound familiar?" Lily thought as God snapped his fingers and the world went black.