Friday & Saturday.

"Can you be concerned by someone constantly smiling?" Alexander thought as he watched Maria.

She has been smiling all day, during the morning, during training, even during her community services.

"Something has to be going on. But what is it?"

Maria's cheeks hurt from all the smiles, but she didn't regret it. She had made it through the day with not even one attempt on her life!

"That's such a weird thing to celebrate," she thought. "But it's true,"

"Hopefully tomorrow will be just as good," she thought as she drifted into sleep.

It wasn't.

"When can I get my next break?" she asked Alexander as she slumped down against a wall.

"You have another hour, get back to work," he said with a kick to her leg.

"Another hour? I've already been working for 5 hours, I can't go on any longer!"

"That's not really my problem," Alexander answered.

She grumbled, but slowly got up and went back to cleaning the furniture. She was tired, dirty, and hungry, but she had no choice.

It was lunch now, and she had never felt more tired in her life, even when she was back at the hospital. At least there she was put back into bed after a long day of tests, today she wasn't so lucky.

"You should hurry up and eat, you only have thirty minutes until we need to head back," Alexander said as he sat down across from her.

"Only 30 minutes? How do you expect me to rest in that time?"

He shrugged. "Your not meant to rest, just eat,"

She scowled, but followed his advice and dived into her lunch of roasted duck.

"I'll need all the energy I can get,"

"Maria?" Alexander asked into the dark observatory.

When he got no answer back, he frowned and started walking into the maze of furniture.

"She was just here a minute ago," he thought as he pushed an old lamp out of his way.

*Snore*

"What was that?" he thought.

There was another snore, and then another.

"She must've fallen asleep,"

He followed the sound of the snores until he found Maria, slumped over a table sleeping peacefully.

He moved to wake her up, but as she turned over he stopped.

It was a bit hard to tell in the low light, but she almost looked. . . peaceful.

Whenever he saw her, she always looked a little scared, a little nervous, a little tense, even when she was smiling.

But now she was just a girl sleeping, not caring about anything except for the dreams in her head.

And she must have been having a nice dream, considering her smile was pure.

"Maybe she can stay like this? No, I have places to be,"

And with that he nudged her shoulders until she woke up.

"Ugh, what time is it?" she asked as she rubbed her eyes.

He took out his pocket watch and said "It's already 6, let's get going,"

She nodded, but he could tell she still wasn't all there, so he grabbed her arm and started leading her out of the observatory.

"Whoa, why are we going so fast?"

"You're going back to your room, I'm going to give my report then get out of this place and go to a bar,"

"Of course you are," she said, but he didn't reply and kept pulling her along.

Once he got to her dorm, he didn't even bother seeing her to bed.

"She's tired anyways, I don't need to stay here," he thought as he made his way to the counselors office.

"How was she today?" asked the counselor as Alexander stepped inside.

"She was alright, complained a lot but did the work,"

"Good good, did she try using any magic today, since she has that ability now?"

"Nope,"

"Anything else?"

"Nope,"

The counselor chucked. "You really want to leave, huh?"

"How could you tell?" he sarcastically asked.

"Alright alright, just let me check for any curses and you can be on your way to some bar in town, busy drinking vodkas and having sex with a random whore,"

Before he got a chance to talk back to them, he was blasted by the stone and tumbled onto the ground.