Maria's Morning Part 2

"Thank you so much Lauren! This dress is so much easier to move around!" Maria said as she twirled around in a spare maid dress they found at the servants entrance.

"It-it's nothing really," Lauren said, not looking at Maria. "It's the least I could do after you gave me that ring. . ."

"It was nothing really, I have plenty more," Maria held out her hands, with every finger but one having a ring on it.

"Anyways, I need to get going, bye!"

She waved goodbye before stepping out of the gate and into the city proper.

"It's so good to get out of here!" she thought.

"I'm so tired of being cooped up in that place. It's so large but so suffocating a the same time,"

"Plus it's fun to explore areas that game didn't allow you to,"

She was now entering the slums, given the garbage on the street and the smell. She kept her hands under her coat, and walked a bit faster.

"I wish I had a map," she thought as she wandered through the same looking streets.

"Or just a better sense of direction,"

After another good 20 minutes of wandering, she found what she was looking for.

"I'd never thought I would want to go back to a place like this," she thought as she looked up at the hospital.

It was much smaller than the one in her last life, and it only took a glance that it was less funded.

She moved to the front door, but paused before going in.

"I'll be alright, I'm here to help, not to stay,"

She let out a deep breath, put on a smile, and stepped forward.

"Somebody help!"

Maria managed to step aside before a boy came running to the hospital, holding a girl with a dangling, bloody, disgusting arm.

"Follow me," she said without thinking, and the boy did.

"This place is larger than it looks," she thought as they rushed through the hospital, looking for someone to help.

She spotted a nurse around a corner, and ran towards her and started pulling her to the boy and girl.

"Hey! What's going o-"

"Please help! My sister fell into a machine! And and-"

"Follow this way, quickly,"

The nurse quickly led them into a large room, sectioned off into little sections by sheets.

"Put her on the bed, make sure she doesn't fall asleep, I'm going to fetch a doctor," she said to the boy as she pushed open the curtain to a section.

The boy did so, trying and failing to soothe the little girl.

"It'll be okay, it'll be okay," he said over and over again.

The girl let out a whine and started to close her eyes, and Maria's heart dropped.

"No no no, I can't just stand her and do nothing! I have to power to heal now, I have to do something,"

She didn't know why, but she reached out to the little girl.

"Please, save her, heal her, something!"

For a moment nothing happened, but then she felt it.

She felt the crunch of metal teeth on her arm, how her skin tore apart, how her muscles and bone were being broken and crunched.

She started crying, and couldn't even see the bright light in her eyes, but she held on somehow.

"Make it stop make it stop make it stop make it stop make stop," repeated over and over again in her mind until everything went blank.

AN: A very important person from the first story has finally made it in!