26. Impossible to tell her no

Don't forget to tell me what you think so far.

**************************

External POS:

Alex was standing in front of the elevator that opens directly into the new living room of the one who occupied all her thoughts.

"Come on Alex you can do this. You can do this'' She takes a deep breath of fresh air before pushing the button. The elevator opens on Elianna herself holding a purse and satchel with her initials on it.

''Alex'' ''Elianna'' They said at the same time. Her furrowed eyebrows and curious gaze revealed the blonde's surprise.

"What are you doing here?" Elianna asked Alex who opened her mouth to answer but nothing came out.

"I .. nothing" Elianna got out of the elevator and the brunette awkwardly backed up to give her enough space but stumbled and found herself lying on the hard floor.

"ALEX !!" Elianna crouches down to help a growling Alex sit up. "How clumsy you can be. You okay ?''

''Yes''

"So what if you tell me what you're really doing here?"

"To be honest I didn't even think about what to say to you, I wasn't even sure to find you here. I just ... wanted to see you'' Elianna sighs and picks up her belongs that she threw on the floor.

"Look, I don't have time for this, I'm already late. And we already talked about this, you have to move on and let me do the same please" Then the blonde turned her back on Alex.

"So that's it?" Elianna stoped without looking back. "You telling me we went through hell just for this? After fighting for our right to love each other, we just have to move on. Like this?"

"Yes" Turning her head slightly, Elianna whispered and walked out of the building.

***

Finding herself outside another door that was unfamiliar to her, Alex rang and put her hands back in the front pockets of her jeans. Grace opened the door also more than surprised considering that'll be the first time the brunette voluntarily made contact with her mother who had given her, her space, reluctantly, after many failed attempts to get to know to her daughter.

"Infin..Alex?"

"Can I come in?" Seeing her daughter's red eyes, Grace didn't question her about her coming but rather moved for her to come in.

With her hands still in her pockets, Alex was standing in the middle of the large living room not knowing what to do.

"You want to sit" So she took a seat on the comfortable brown couch in front of the TV. The graying-haired woman returns with a large glass of pineapple juice. "It was your favorite when you were kid, I don't know if you still love it. If not, I can go get you some things else? ''

"No, that's perfect. It's still my favorite" Grace nodded and sat down next to her daughter without saying anything. A few minutes of peaceful silence later Alex pointed at the Xbox below the TV.

"You, the senator play?"

"Oh, no" The elder woman giggle. "It's for Maria's son, my housekeeper. Her son spends the whole day of Saturday here when her mother have to clean and he complains" Alex turned on the TV with the remote that was on the coffee table and without saying anything she chose a game of football. She hands the other controller to her mother, who smiles.

"Just give me five minutes to make a few calls"

"Oh, if you're busy I can go"

"NO please don't go! Just five minutes okay?"