17. Just friends

Only flashback are italic Too tired to correct or reread then !! Danger !!

**********

Elianna POV:

Flashback

"Stop acting like a stupid kid and act like an adult? Just tell me what's wrong so we can fix it once and for all." Alex pushed her lollopop to one side of her mouth in response so furiously I snaped at her again. "And take that stupid lollipop out of your mouth." I pulled it out forcefully from her mouth before throwing it a few feet away from her.

"The fact that you dare to ask me what's wrong when you know perfectly well why I'm angry shows how mature you are too"

"If it's about Paris, I've apologized enough"

"Sending me overpriced gifts with a card most likely written by your secretary? If that's what you call apologizing then you've got a long way to go than I thought. And come see me again when you're ready to give Daciana and I a real apology. Just let me play with people my age while I wait." With those words, Alex returned to the field to play with her friends.

"Pass the ball Mike. Pass" she shouted from midfield.

It's been weeks and she continues to piss me off. She sent me all the presents back and when I apologized ... sort of, she wants me to apologize to that Daciana bitch ? You can keep dreaming.

"Arggh" I scream, throwing my pen on the ground.

"You know this pen costs over a thousand dollars"

"Rachel, what are you doing here?"

"This is not for courtesy. I'm here to give you the report on our progress"

"Oh. ok "She sits down in the chair in front of me and gives me the file that I start to leaf through.

"But since I'm here, can you tell me what gets you in such a mess? I know it's not Ryan because that prick loves you too much to leave you angry for a whole day and Esther told me you've looked like a dragon for two weeks" If only it could be Ryan, at least that wouldn't have messed me up.

"It's nothing, just a few things I have to do ...."

"Elianna?" Rachel was threateningly staring at me.

"It's because of Alex" I forcefully close the file resulting in white noise.

"I thought she had moved?"

"Yes and that's not the problem"

"What is it then ?"

"She's mad at me for something stupid and I've even apologized for two weeks now. But no, this bitch keeps ignoring me" My anger rising the more I try to explain. Rachel had an amused smile on her lips making me want to slap her too. She finished bursting in laughers before trying to cover it with her hand.

"Sorry, sorry. And what is this stupid thing?" She clears her troat trying to be serious.

"Three weeks ago when we were in Paris ..."

"Wait, you brought her to Paris. Are you still sleeping with her? " She screamed.

"Shhhhh. Not so loud you stupid"

"Answer me"

"No, we don't sleep together anymore .... not since Paris"

"For only three weeks!? Elianna" With a disapproving look she tries to hit me under my desk which luckily was too large.

"I know... it's just that Alex is... It's Alex. Every time I tell myself it's the last time, the next day it's even worse. I have never felt like this and since then I rushed home from my business trips just to fall asleep in her arms. Sometimes I even wich that Ryan is not at home so that it's just the two of us. Or just see her smile. Do you remember the time we went skateboarding, I was 13 and I lost a tooth since then I never went back in fear of breaking another tooth but I went with her because I knew it would please her or the time..." Rachel was staring at me with her mouth agape. "Rachel?"