Day Four

The clock on the bedside table gave off a soft green glow as the numbers changed from 1:49 to 1:50.

Great.

Another night spent up well past midnight.

Lance couldn't sleep. His bare chest was too warm, and his feet were too cold. The blankets weren't fitting over his body quite right. He wanted to move, to get up and stretch, but there was a heaviness that kept him in place.

It was the weight of a boy with black hair and bright eyes, his chest rising and falling unevenly against Lance's own.

Keith had been spending the night with Lance for the past week or so, and normally he was able to sleep just fine. But a few days ago he had been kept awake for most of the night by a nagging feeling of something being...off, and it looked like tonight wouldn't be any different.

Lance wasn't quite sure what it was. He had never been one for deep contemplation of such matters. He was a simpler man. And yet, here he was, wide awake with this beautiful boyfriend draped across his body and feeling like something was wrong.

Crazy, right?

Keith shifted slightly as Lance let a loud sigh, not realizing the exhale would wake him from his slumber.

"You ok?"

Whoops.

Keith's voice was groggy from sleep, which ticked off Lance in the slightest. He had already been reprimanded several times over the past week by the team for dozing on the job, but he couldn't help himself. He was exhausted. How come Keith gets the full nights rest? It's not like he needs beauty sleep.

"Yeah. Fine." Lance hadn't meant to sound as curt as he did, but he was tired, and grouchy, and he hated having weird feelings this late (early?) at night.

Keith looked away, and slowly (was he hesitating?) settled back into his original sleeping position on Lance. It wasn't Keith's fault. Lance knew that. In fact, he relished having Keith stay over in his bed. They didn't do anything besides kiss, which was fine with Lance. He mostly enjoyed the company Keith provided.

But with the lingering unidentified feelings floating around in his head so late at night, Lance was beginning to wonder if maybe Keith should resume sleeping in his own quarters.

The red paladin shifted slightly again, his breathing more shallow than before, and Lance felt a pang of guilt for his snappy attitude earlier.

And the worst boyfriend award goes to...he didn't get to finish his thought. Keith lurched forward suddenly, grabbing Lance's face in both hands. Without a word he planted a sloppy kiss on his mouth.

Lance's initial surprise was quickly overcome as the kiss transitioned into a deeper, more passionate experience; their bodies fitting into place as their mouths opened in greeting.

Keith broke apart just as Lance's tongue flicked the inside of his mouth, leaving him perplexed, if a little miffed.

"What are yo-" Lance was silenced as Keith shifted again and began planting smaller kisses along Lance's jaw and neck. He continued his trek downwards, reaching the sensitive area just above the collarbone, and latched on, swirling his tongue lightly over the area before beginning to suck.