day fifteen

"Hey Lance!" Keith said raising his right hand as a greeting to his friend, who was now fighting against a robot in the training deck, where the mullet-haired was entering. He could feel the growing smile showing on his face. He had pulled his Blade mask off so his friend could kickly recognize him.

The receiver of the smile didn't show any emotion on response. He didn't even look back, he was too concentrated to look at the emisor. What amused the one trying to communicate, was that Lance wasn't training long shots with his bayard.

Instead of a large gun, his bayard had taken the form of a sword, just like Keith's. The Galra armed was impressed by the perfect combat style his partner was using. His moves were quick and well planned. He was fighting against three robots, which he one by one, defeated.

"Lance? Earth calling Lance?" He slightly laughed at his own attempt of being funny. Putting one of his hands on his waist, the other covering his mouth as he laughed.

The other finally turned his face towards him and looked at him, and it seemed like he had seen a ghost, or worst. His faced showed fear but it didn't last long because another uncoming robot hit him on the face, on the left cheek to be exact, throwing him through the room.

"End training session" The dark-haired loudly said as he rushed to his friend's direction. "Are you ok?" He said, offering his hand as support to get up, looking down at the now laying paladin.

"What are you doing here?" The cold tone contrasted against the warm and kind voice Keith remembered. The one producing it didn't lifted his gaze from the floor, resting his hands on the floor, with his legs stretched,as if he was on the beach.

He looked so...defeated. His expression showed loss.

'What was it that he had lost?' Keith wondered.

"What the hell, man? I thought you'd be happy to see me!" Keith yelled, frowing his brows.

In moments like this, it was noticeable that his only defense mechanism against the rejection, was anger. He couldn't control it. Shiro had tried to help him as a kid, but nothing had been able to turn it down.

"Was it so stupid to think that?" Even if he tried hard not to, his voice cracked.

"At least i didn't left." The laying one said, now getting up and using the wall his back was leanning on as support. Even standing, he didn't mind about looking at him on the eyes.

"You know what? Yes, i left but you didn't tell me to stay." If there was a better aura at the moment, Lance would call sad puppy eyes to Keith's expression.

"You didn't even give me the chance. To the time i wanted to tell you, you were long gone." The blue paladin spoke, pushing a little the other one's chest with his index finger. "You didn't have to leave! When you feel down or some shit is happening to you, you talk to us. You talk to me." Now putting his finger on his own chest. "And we figure it out! Like we always do!" He closed and opened his hands on the air. "You don't fuckin leave your team. Your family. You don't leave." Now hatred was everything his gaze showed.

"You make it sound so easy. Where were you when i needed to hear that?" The mullet-haired clenched his fists at the level of his waist, as he spoke.