day ten

For the first time in Keith's life, the city of Seattle, Washington wasn't raining. In fact, while the weather was mercifully not raining, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, leaving Keith to bask in the sun.

Well, actually. More like heating up to the point of needing water every three seconds, due to the navy blue Seattle Mariners jersey he was wearing. But, uh, same difference. It was fine, Keith as happy. And while he might not typically be a baseball guy, he was willing to see every damn game they ever played, as long as he had the person that started dragging him to these games in the first place.

Enter Lance: the love of Keith's life, and boyfriend of the past three years to him. Lance was passionate about Baseball, bringing Keith to a game on their first date, and getting them both jerseys.

Which had left Keith to be here, a secret ring in his pocket, walking to a baseball stadium, heating his ass off, and listening to Lance one again lament about how his lack of baseball skills was bullshit.

"I mean, why can't I hit a damn ball flying at me at sometimes over 100 miles per hour? It's not that fast, right babe?" Keith glanced over to his boyfriend, who actually looked genuinely distressed.

"Well, I hope you realize," Keith starts. "That the average tornado spins at about that speed, which makes it pretty damn fast. And that you'd have less than a half second of reaction time to hit the ball. And, babe, both of us know about how slow your reflexes are."

Lance huffs and pushes Keith, and the rest of the walk there is full of banter and offhand comments.

--. .- -.--

Keith was never the hopeless romantic type. Throughout his childhood, he always thought 'oh, I might get married, I might not'. It never really mattered.

Thinking back on it almost makes him laugh because with Lance, Keith suddenly cant picture any future at all without Lance. Lance, who makes sure he doesn't stay up too late due to work and wakes him up with breakfast after the days when life seemed to implode on him.

Lance was his constant; it was about time that he made it official.

--. .- -.--

One thing that Keith did before anything big was becoming hyperaware of everything around him. He became more of a quiet observer, and it was almost a mental preparation. He looked at the scoreboard. Fourth inning. Two more to go.

Keith was just noticing the was that Lances adams apple bobbed as he sipped his beer when Lance quietly chimed in, diverting his attention from the game to Keith

"Hey, babe, you okay?"

Keith blinked a few times fast to try and shake himself out if his nonverbal state.

"Yeah, I'm all good," Keith half mumbled, then cleared his throat in an attempt to be a bit louder. "Shirogane is looking good out there today, am I right?"

Lance fixed Keith with a light glare.

"While you know I do love going off about him, I do really need to know if you're okay. If its too hot, or loud, we can go home."

Shit. No. This plan cost Kieth $115 and his cheap ass was not wasting it.

Also, you know, it was hopefully perfect.