CHAPTER EIGHT, unsaid emily

Stella finally confronted Azalea and Harrison

Stella finally confronted Azalea and Harrison. The two were very shocked at first and didn't believe Stella was real. Azalea was the first one to believe Stella after she told them how she's a ghost and how they can see her. Azalea even went to hug Stella without even thinking because she missed Stella so much. Each of them were surprised when Azalea could touch Stella. 

Harrison joined the hug, wanting to see if he could touch Stella as well and he could. Even though Stella was surprised and shocked they could touch her, but she was so happy they could. After talking with Azalea and Harrison for a bit, she went to visit Wyatt. She wasn't for sure if he believed her since he was quiet for some time after she told him all what happened, but then he quickly pulled her into a hug which brought a wide smile on her face at the fact she can touch Wyatt as well. She has been wanting to hug each of her best friends for twenty-three years and now she finally could. 

But what confused her was that she didn't cross over. She thought that confronting her best friends was her unfinished business. Since apparently it's not, she has no idea what her unfinished business is now and only hopes she figures it out soon so she didn't have to deal with the jolts of pain anymore. 

The next day she went to the studio and hung out with the boys. When Julie got home, she asked if she could talk with Stella which surprised her, but she met Julie in her room, and had a talk with her. It ends up that Julie wanted to do something for Luke's parents after Alex and Reggie showed her who the song Unsaid Emily is about. Stella remembers seeing the song in Luke's journal one day and wondered who the song is about. Now knowing it's about his mom makes so much more sense. 

Stella suggested on getting the lyrics of Unsaid Emily out of Luke's journal and take it to his parents. She thought that his parents would like to know about the song and that Luke's mom would like to know how he really felt about her. Julie also told Stella about the date she has with Nick in a few days and asked her for help on picking out a outfit. Stella was more than happy to help her out with that. 

Stella was now standing beside Julie in front of the Patterson's house, watching Julie reach toward the door bell to ring it. Noticing someone familiar out of the corner of her eye, her eyes widen and she turns to face Luke, not expecting him to be standing there. "Oh, Luke! Uh, hi." 

Luke looks at her and Julie with furrowed eyebrows. "What are you two doing here?"

Julie shares a panicked expression with Stella before looking back at Luke. "I...I just wanted to know more about you, you know, just curious. Um...So, I came here last week on your birthday."

Luke looks at Julie with wide eyes. "You were spying on me? Even after all of your speeches about boundaries? You were spying on me?"

Julie nods, looking at him with a guilty expression. "I know. I'm sorry. It was wrong. But I'm worried about you." 

Luke glances at Stella before looking at Julie as he takes a step back. "You don't have to be."

"I get it." Julie tells him. "I know how hard it is when you want to speak to someone you love and can't."