CHAPTER NINE, legends

"Look, don't worry guys

"Look, don't worry guys. Willie said he'd get us that marquee." Alex reassured his bandmates as they walked to The Orpheum with Stella.

The four of them stood underneath the sign that read 'Panic! At the disco and Downside'. Reggie glances at them with a worried expression. "This is gonna work, right?"

"It has to." Alex replies and as if on cue the four of them were hit with jolts of pain causing them to stumble a bit and groan in pain.

"Hey, are you guys okay?"

The four of them turn around to face Willie. Alex nods. "Yeah. Yeah, it's nothing we haven't felt before. How'd it go?"

"Well, when that opening band wakes up, they're gonna find their bus 200 miles away from Vegas with no chance of getting back in time." Willie grins and turns around, showing them the Downside jacket he wore. He faces them again and first bumps Luke.

Luke grins. "And that means there's probably a promoter upstairs right about now freakin' out."

Willie shakes his head. "Nah. This is Hollywood, man. I'm sure he's being very professional."

When Alex steps towards Willie, Luke, Reggie, and Stella turn around and start walking to give the two some privacy. They stop a few feet away from Alex and Willie and Stella did her best to not listen in on their conversation. But being her curious self, she couldn't help but look over and a smile tugs on her lips at seeing the two hugging. 

The three of them walk back over to Alex after Willie skates away. "Alex," Reggie said, looking at the blonde haired boy with concern. "You alright, man?"

Alex turns to the three of them, nodding as he smiles. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay."

"Well, thanks to Willie, Panic! At the Disco needs an opening band." Luke smiled.

Alex nods, pointing at the place where the promoter is. "Then I guess someone up there needs to know we're available."

****

"Stop...Stop...Stop saying the bus drove itself!" The promoter yelled into the phone.

"Yeah, Willie was right." Reggie crosses his arms. "This man's a total pro."

Luke snickers and looks at the three beside him with a smile. "Alright, Stella and boys. Let the  magic happen." He points at Alex. "Alex, no dancing."

Stella chuckles lightly. "You know he's gonna do the exact opposite."

Alex nods, outstretching his arms into a position a ballerina would use. "Stella is absolutely right." He twirls over to the desk the assistant is at, dramatically knocking over the cup of pens.

"Alex the ballerina, everyone." Stella dramatically gestured to Alex who pretended to bow as he smiled.

The woman groans and gets up to pick up the cup and the pens. While she was distracted, Reggie brought up a video of Julie and the Phantoms while Alex wrote down their band name and Julie's phone number.