CHAPTER ONE, life is good on the other side of hollywood

When Stella woke up in a dark room she felt a mixture of emotions

When Stella woke up in a dark room she felt a mixture of emotions. Confused. Scared. Angry. Worried. She didn't know where she was or what happened to her. The last thing she remembered was driving home from practice with her band so she assumes that she got into a car crash.

What felt like an hour to her, but in reality, it was twenty-seven years, she then suddenly appeared on the sidewalk somewhere in Hollywood. She wondered for a while, not being a fan of the weird feeling she felt when people would walk through her.

Stella furrows her eyebrows when she noticed some people were carrying some type of device in their hands. A look of realization forms when she realized it was an updated version of a phone. Looking around trying to find something that would give her what year it was, she frowned when she found nothing.

She let out a yelp of surprise when she suddenly gets knocked off her feet, landing on her back. Stella grew confused when she felt a weight on her since she thought people went right through her. Or maybe she was wrong about that. She's new to being a ghost so she doesn't know all of the details yet.

"I'm so sorry about that." The long-haired boy apologized, quickly getting off of her. He reached a hand out to Stella to help her stand up. She sent him a small smile, taking his hand and letting him easily pull her up on her feet.

"It's alright. I wasn't paying attention so I guess I deserved it." Stella shrugged her shoulders and he chuckled lightly.

"I wasn't expecting to be running into anyone." The long-haired boy admitted, picking up his skateboard.

Stella nods in agreement. "Yeah, me neither."

"I'm Willie, by the way." He introduced himself with a smile on his face and she smiled back at him.

"I'm Stella." Stella introduced herself.

A smile tugs on Willie's lips when he realized something. "You're a ghost, aren't you?"

Nodding, she looks at him with pleading eyes. "Please tell me you know everything about ghost life 'cause I'm so confused."

Willie laughs as he nods. "I don't know everything about the ghost life, but I can help you out."

Stella let out a breath of relief. "Good. Soo...what year is it?"

"2016." He answered, putting his skateboard on the ground beside him.

Stella did the math in her head, staring at him with wide eyes. She waves her arms around dramatically. "I-I've been dead for twenty-three years?!"

Willie looks at her with an amused smile, nodding in response to her question. "Any questions about ghost life?"

"Uh, yeah." Stella replied in a 'duh' tone. "A lot."

He grins. "Then you better keep up with me." He told her as he started skateboarding away from her.

"Hey! Not fair, Willie!" Stella whined, rolling her eyes at his laugh, but she still runs after Willie. A small smile tugged on her lips, happy that she wasn't alone.