CHAPTER FIVE, birthdays

The next day Stella decides to visit her friends to see how they were doing

The next day Stella decides to visit her friends to see how they were doing. Whenever she missed them or was wondering about them she would often visit them and their families.

She decided on visiting Azalea and Harrison Tremblay since it was their daughter's birthday.

She found out that they had gotten married and a few years later adopted a little girl. She always assumed that the two had feelings for each other when they were teens, but she never expected for them to get together. She was glad that they did because they seemed happy with each other.

She stood on the porch, looking into the window of the kitchen where the Tremblay family were having their little girl's fourth birthday party. Pink and purple decorations scattered the kitchen and some presents for Azalea's and Harrison's daughter were sat on the counter.

Some of her friends were over along with their parents and even Oliver was there. It didn't surprise Stella that Oliver had showed up since Oliver is the girl's godfather.

"Hey."

She jumped, startled when she heard a voice. She looked over to her right, surprise to see Luke. A smile tugged on her lips, happy that he was there, but that smile immediately turned to a frown when she noticed it looked like he had been crying.

"Hi, Luke." She greets him. She tilts her head to the side, looking at him with concern. "Are you okay?"

Luke nods and forces a smile. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine." He looked into the window, seeing that a birthday party was going on. He thought it was weird how she was watching some random kid's birthday party. "So, why are you watching some kid's birthday party?"

A small chuckle left Stella's lips, shaking her head. "'Cause I know that kid." She pointed to the red-haired little girl that had a sash on which said 'birthday girl'.

"How'd you know her?" Luke asks, glancing back at Stella. "If-If you don't mind me asking." He quickly added, not wanting to pressure her into talking about something that she might not want to talk about.

"I don't mind." She smiles at Luke, thinking it was sweet that he cared enough to make sure she was alright with asking something like that which was a little personal for her. She points to Harrison who was talking with Wyatt. "That's Harrison. He was my lead guitarist."

"That's Azalea. She used to be my drummer. Also, her and Harrison are married and they adopted that little red-haired girl." Stella explains, pointing to the dark-haired women that was putting candles on her daughter's cake. "Her name is Stella." She added, pointing to the red-haired little girl that was dancing around with her friends in the living room.

Luke looks over at her with curiosity as a smile tugs on his lips. "Was she...Was she named after you?"

Nodding, Stella smiles. "Yeah, she was." She points at Wyatt. "He's Wyatt. He was my bassist."