THIRTY ONE

CAROLINE 💜can you come to the hospital with me to pick up my dad?

CAROLINE 💜
can you come to the hospital with me to pick up my dad?

VIOLET
okay

Walking into the hospital, Violet spots Caroline in the hallway talking to the doctor vaguely recognises as Meredith Fell, Alaric's new girlfriend. She waits for them to leave before meeting up with Caroline. "Hey," She smiles, "All good?"

"He's not here. He was already discharged." Caroline replies, beginning to dial her fathers number.

"Oh, really? And he didn't say-"

"Shh." Caroline cuts her off, "I hear it."

"Hear what?"

"My dad's phone." Caroline answers. She walks towards a storage room where the noise is coming from. They pass numerous shelves and at the back of the room they see Bill's dead body sitting upright on the floor against a shelf with a knife in his chest.

Caroline runs and falls to her knees beside him, pulling the knife out and tossing it beside her. "Dad! Dad? Don't be dead, don't be dead, don't be dead! Oh my god!" She cries out.

"Oh my god, Caroline," Violet realises, "He had vampire blood in his system."

"What?!"

Bill suddenly wakes up with a gasp.

*

"Okay, thank you. I will. Bye." Violet hangs up the phone and walks back into the room.

"I called your mom, explained what's going on."

Caroline nods, "Thanks."

"Mr. Forbes, did you see your attacker?" Violet questions

"I didn't see anything. Tried to sneak out the back exit and someone came up from behind." Bill explains

"Look, we'll figure this out, but in the mean time we need to get you some blood." Caroline says

Violet nods, "I'll go get-"

"-I'm not going to drink any blood." Bill cuts her off, shaking his head.

"I don't think you understand. You died with vampire blood in your system. If you don't feed and finish the transition into a vampire then you'll die."

"I understand how it works. And that's what I'm prepared to do. Now get me out of this hospital. I smell blood everywhere." Bill leaves without a word, leaving a shocked Caroline and concerned Violet behind.

*

Violet walks out in the porch with two hot mugs in her hand and takes a seat next to her girlfriend. "Hot cocoa?" She offers.

Caroline takes it, giving Violet a small smile in thanks, scooting over to rest her head on Violet's shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

Caroline shrugs.

"I spoke to Elena before. Apparently Alaric thinks Dr. Fell did it."

"What do you think?"

It's Violets turn to shrug. "I don't know. I think Alaric doesn't deserve this. But according to Elena, she looked guilty so I told your mom."

"My mom's in there sitting with my dad." Caroline lets out a small laugh as she shakes her head, "And I don't think they've been in the same room this long since I was ten years old." She pauses, and the two sit in silence until she speaks up again, "Is there any chance that Tyler did it?"

"What do you mean?"

"If Klaus was trying to mess with Elena, and he's sired to Klaus. And, I mean, he does everything that he's told."

"No....no, I don't think Tyler did it. Why would Klaus go for your dad? Elena barely knows him."

"I can't just let my father die. You know, I'm...I'm gonna force him to feed." Caroline decides, looking around as tears start to build up in her eyes.

"Hey....he doesn't want to, Caroline. You can't force him. The only thing he has right now is his choice."

"I hated him so much for what he did to me. So much." Caroline starts to cry, "Now all I want to do is save his life."

"I know, I know how you feel."

"What was the hardest part for you? When you lost your Dad?"

"My dad was a dick. But, you know we still had our moments. And I hated the fact that I will never know what his last moments were like."

Caroline nods, and Violet turns around and pulls Caroline into her arms, holding her in any attempt to comfort her as she cries.

*

Violet sits in the kitchen, allowing Caroline to have the time and privacy to say her last goodbyes to her father.

This day reminds her of the fateful day her family was murdered. She remembers it so clearly. That day was supposed to be the day her and Nadia were going to visit their family.

The hollow look in her dead sisters eyes is something she doesn't think she'll ever be able to forget. Little Adelina, so full of life, so full of love, just gone.

Liz walks out a few moments later, shaking her head sadly.

Violet nods, standing up and moving over to hug her. "I'm sorry."

Liz doesn't say anything, just cries quietly for a few moments before she pulls back and composes herself. "Thank you."

"Of course." Violet nods, "I'm going to go to her." She walks up the stairs and over to Caroline's room.

Caroline is lying on her bed, tears streaming down her face and curled up into a ball. Violet immediately rushes over and pulls Caroline into her arms, allowing the devastated young girl to cry in her embrace. "It's okay. Shh. You're going to be okay."

*
{a/n: hey guys this chapter took so long to write and i'm sorry it's so short but i will definitely be able to start uploading more soon.

anyways i had a chemistry test today and spent half of the time trying to get my freaking camera to work over zoom.
I was checking over what i submitted before and realised the entire first page wasn't filled out 🤦🏽‍♀️ fml}