twenty four

✴️

Michael

"Mother, Joseph.." I say with a hint of shakiness while taking a hold of Prince's hand. Prince glanced at me with a small, yet nervous grin. My parents sat in front of me with an unreadable expression on their faces.

"We're engaged." I reveal, and they both stared at me blankly for a second before they both smiled at the same time. I furrowed my eyebrows slightly at their reaction.

"We're very proud of you, Michael." They say in sync, with a demonic voice. My blood immediately ran cold, tightening my grip onto Prince's hand.

Their eyes turned pitch black and out of nowhere two figures with bunny rabbit masks stood right behind them holding guns behind their heads, and before I could speak, they pulled the trigger. Blood splattered all over me, and I was shaking so bad that I couldn't even utter a gasp.

I slowly turn my head towards Prince, but it was no longer Prince. It was another figure with a bunny mask that took his place and was now squeezing my hand, causing me to scream at the top of my lungs.

|Friday November 26, 1987|
|Santa Barbara County, California|
|Neverland Valley Ranch|
|6:01 am|

I shot up from the bed and started breathing heavily, with beads of sweat on my forehead and dried tear stains on my face. I felt two soft hands grab the both of my arms, and I snapped my head in their direction.

"Hey, it's me. Calm down, it's alright." Prince says reassuringly. My breathing quickly calmed down as I realized it was him and I felt more safe than I did before. He wiped some of the tears off of my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

"Did you have a nightmare? I heard you screaming all the way from downstairs." He asks, scooting closer to me. I stared at him, zoning out for a second before I answered. I sighed, closing my eyes.

"I don't know.." I trailed off. Prince gave me a look, implying that I clearly had a nightmare but I just refused to admit it. I brushed a piece of my curls out of my face, "When did you get home?"

"Just now," He raised his eyebrow slightly. "I decided to leave early. That's not important though, what was this all about?"

"Nothing," I denied. He crossed his arms, waiting for a real answer. I looked down for a second before making eye contact with him again, "Can we just..skip the dinner tonight?"

"Skip? You're the one who wanted me to come out here for that in the first place," He said confusingly. I sighed, letting a hand slide down my face.