fifteen

"I want one moment in timeWhen I'm more than I thought I could beWhen all of my dreams are a heartbeat awayAnd the answers are all up to me

When I'm more than I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away
And the answers are all up to me."

- Whitney Houston

✴️

|Thursday, June 5th, 1987|
|Chanhassen, Minnesota|
|Paisley Park|
|6:00 pm|

Michael

The month of May had finally passed, and June was already here. I was beyond excited to meet Prince's sister and her children. I had been working non-stop on my album, so thank God with all of the work I had gotten done, I was actually able to do this for Prince. From time to time, I did think about some of the negatives. You know, what if she is as stubborn as Prince said she was? But I that thought quickly passed my mind as I focused on the main picture.

I needed to do this. I wasn't going to just sit here and let Prince go through all of that stress, especially while he's touring, I couldn't imagine going through that, because touring was stressful enough. Not only that, what his sister was going through, truly saddened me, and even though it was said that she was stubborn about it, I knew deep down she wanted help. Also, for her kids, they were struggling in this situation as well, and I don't quite remember how old they were, but I knew they were young and if someone didn't take them in soon, they would catch on, and I don't want that for them. To add, they're being left alone for the most part, so they just genuinely need someone to care for them until everything falls into place.

Currently, I was in the car, heading over to Paisley Park, after a very long three hour plane ride. Bill was along with me, in the driver's seat. Funny note, Bill thought it was really weird how Prince and I made up and visited each other this often due to what happened between us before. To be honest, I felt like he liked it better when we argued cause it was hilarious for him to see, petty as hell, but I still loved him. But, it sort of made me a little nervous, because he had no idea what me and Prince were doing behind closed doors. No one will find out, I repeated in my head, but, I pushed away that thought for now, and focused on the task at hand.

After twenty minutes, the car finally pulled up to Paisley Park, and the gates let us in, allowing us to park in the driveway. As I was unbuckling my seat belt, I looked over at Bill, seeing him remain in his seat.

"You're not coming?" I asked, and he shook his head, signaling me to go.

"Go ahead, I'm going to head to the hotel." He said, since we were both staying in Minnesota for two days.

"Come on, Bill. He won't bite." I joked, teasing him. It's not like Bill didn't like Prince, but I understood that he found him a little intimidating at times, and it was going to take awhile for him to warm up around Prince. Which, I didn't really understand why, since his 5'3 self wasn't going to do much anyway, but I still got his point.