four

✴️

|New York, Times Square |
|Wednesday December 22, 1986|
|9:00 pm|

Prince

I held the red roses tightly in my hand,
taking a deep breath while my leg was shaking constantly. I was so nervous.
Currently, I was in New York, Times Square to be exact, to visit my friend Madonna. Yes, the Madonna. I'll give a bit of a backstory for this to make a little sense.

Back in 1985, which was last year, Madonna and I met at the American Music Awards. We really hit it off, even though she had a tendency to be a little bit aggressive, it intrigued me and I liked that about her. We've been seeing each other for awhile, well, we've been on and off for awhile, but we still managed to keep in touch. I wasn't quiet sure what our relationship was, I wasn't sure if we we're together, or if we were friends. It was hard to tell with her, I wasn't sure what she wanted out of our relationship. However, that didn't take away any of the feelings that I had for her.

As our fling started to progress, I actually started to have strong feelings for her. I wasn't exactly in love with her yet, though. Love was a strong word, and it was very hard for me to love. I had my fair share of relationships in the past, I'd say the only woman that I truly loved with all my heart was Sheila E, and another woman I don't like to talk about much. Me and her had this very strong connection that was over the moon special.

Sadly, our relationship ended on a sour note. Sheila and I had gotten in a huge argument over my closeness to Wendy's twin sister Susannah. I had never done anything with Susannah, but of course, she didn't believe me, so we ended our relationship. My heart was broken into pieces, then coincidentally, I started dating Susannah right after we broke up but our relationship ended in January of this year. It just wasn't the same, and I even proved Sheila's point, which was very stupid of me to do. Me and Sheila are fine now, we're friends, but I'm still sad that it ended that way.

After all of that, I convinced myself that I was going to be done with relationships for awhile. However, I was happy now that I might get another chance at love. It was going pretty well in my opinion, and tonight, I was going to ask Madonna if we can finally make things official.

Madonna was currently staying in the Hilton Times Square Hotel. As the limo I was riding in pulled up to the curb, there were thousands of screaming fans outside of the hotel. Paparazzi were already crowding the door, trying to snap pictures of me through the window. Big chick, which was my guard, along with my other guards stepped out of the limo and cleared the way so I could come out of the car.

I opened the door, stepping outside of the car, quicky being covered by the security guards. We all rushed to the door while the paparazzi were flashing their cameras, the light was so bright that it could blind you, also there were multiple fans shouting my name and screaming sweet things.