two

✴️

Prince

I completely stayed silent, standing in shock. Five seconds later, I brought the phone down a little and cursed to myself silently.

I hadn't seen or heard from Michael in couple of years, the last time I saw him was at the James Brown concert in '83 or '84. My feelings of shock, slowly started to turn into irritation and anger that I remember feeling that night after the incident. I was so embarrased, it was one of the most humiliating things that has ever happened to me. I refused to show the humiliation I felt, but for a long time, I had felt so much anger towards Michael.

Before that had happened, me and Michael were on good terms. We weren't like best of friends or anything, but we respected each other. Ever since that night, I lost all of my respect for him. He knew what he was doing, I didn't really care to be on stage either, I just came to watch the show. But, since I was called up, which I knew he told James, I saw it with my own eyes, I didn't want to disappoint him at all. Michael could use all the exuses in the book that he wanted, but I know he used that opportunity to show that he was better that me, and that I'm not shit compared to him.

Especially in front of one of my idols, it was just a very petty move on his part. I never openly spoke about it, but deep down, it was alright with me. Michael had it coming, and I knew just a way to get my revenge.

I got myself back together, and put the phone back to my ear, "Oh, Michael. Hello, haven't heard from you in awhile. I'm fine, how are you?'

"I'm managing," He jokes, I fake laugh along with him, trying to sound like I was enjoying the conversation. There was a silence between us after that, it lasted about six seconds before I spoke up again.

"So, you called for?"

"Oh yeah, sorry," Michael nervously laughed, "Um, I actually called to ask you a question if you don't mind."

I rolled my eyes, looking up at the ceiling, "Sure, what's up?"

"So I have been working on a new album as of late. I'm not finished yet, but there's a song on the album that I feel like would make a great collaboration hit. I was wondering if you would be interested?"

I was instantly going to say no at first like he was crazy, but then I continued to think for a little bit. Bingo, that was my revenge. Oh, this was going to be a lot of fun.

Then he began to ramble on, "It's okay if you don't want to-"

"Actually, I'm intrigued," I said, smiling to myself, "Tell me more."

"You are?" He said, sounding a little shocked. He should be, he's lucky I said yes. I mean come on, who wouldn't want me to feature in their song?

Just joking, or am I?