twenty-five

✴️

✴️

|March 2,1988|
|New York, New York|
|Radio City Music Hall|
|6:00 pm|

|March 2,1988||New York, New York||Radio City Music Hall||6:00 pm|

Prince

"Are you ready for this?" I whisper to Michael as we wait for the show to start. We were sitting in the front row with Quincy and Stevie Wonder; I was calm for the most part, award shows weren't really my thing, neither was it Michael's, but I could tell he was nervous out of his mind. It was written all over his face.

The past year has been pretty crazy to say the least. Michael and I have been extremely busy, as usual, but it's going to get even more busy pretty soon. My new album, Lovesexy, that I worked extremely hard on is going to be released in May, meanwhile I'm going to have to leave a little early to get rehearsals started for the tour. Which kills me, because I know I'm going to rarely see Michael since he is touring as well. He is on the second leg of the BAD Tour, and he is getting pulled in so many directions at once, as usual. He's close to finishing his film Moonwalker and it's set to be released in October of this year. He's also released his autobiography book called Moonwalk, that he's worked on for awhile. In our work lives, everything was perfectly fine, but our personal lives is what we were worried about. We were still working on the case with José, trying to catch the person who's been threatening us. We not only fear for each other but we most importantly fear for our children.

Lenard and Montece will be occasionally coming with me and Michael on our tours but they won't be with us all the time since they still have school. My mother has flown to Wyoming to be with them for the time being, but it was still difficult. There was only so much we could do to keep them safe, and maybe I was jumping to conclusions, but I just couldn't tell with this person who has been after us. They could also be after our kids too, which was our worst fear.

Thankfully, other than that they were doing just fine. As time went on, they continued to grow up. Montece was now seven years old while Lenard would be turning eleven this year. After Michael had given Lenard a part in Moonwalker, he found a love in acting. He's been apart of a few plays that his school has put together, and I just have to say, the boy has talent. Michael and I are excited to see where this leads him, even though the both of us are a little hesitant about him being in the spotlight, we agreed that we would support him if that is what he wanted to do. Montece on the other hand has found a liking in basketball, we wanted to put him into an after school club so he could be occupied, and for someone who's very young, he showed a lot of talent as well. We were just happy that the kids were living normal lives. Well, somewhat normal, just as normal as we could make it.