six

✴️

Michael

I was frozen in place, struggling to move, because I couldn't. My heart dropped to the ground, and my blood turned cold. Prince stared into my eyes intensely for the past five minutes, and Vanity stood beside me, clearly seeing the tension between us, not knowing what to do.

At first, I was asking my myself.

"Here I am, running into him, once again. Why is this always happening?"

"What the hell is he doing here?"

"Does he really think that he's gonna one up me again?"

No wonder Vanity looked and sounded so familiar to me. These two used to date, and I had no idea about it, until now. I pictured myself running into a brick wall in my head,

Why am I so stupid?

"Michael..you know, Prince right?" Vanity asked nervously, rocking back and forth on her heels.

I slowly nodded my head, gulping, "Of course."

Prince's extremely dirty look turned into a fake smile, then he stood up from the bed making his way over to us.

"Prince.." Vanity started off, sounding afraid to continue, "This is my date, Michael."

I looked at Vanity, with a nervous expression on my face then I looked back at Prince. We stared at each other for a second until he spoke up.

"We've met before." Prince smiled, in a very phony way, then he held up his hand, and I looked down at it, "Oh rude of me, I apologize. It's nice to see you, Michael. Long time no see."

Vanity alternated looking at the both of us in shock. I'm guessing Vanity was another one of those people who knew about the James Brown incident, and on top of that, our rumored rivalry. Who knows, maybe Prince talked shit about me to her plenty of times, which is why she looked so nervous right now, because she knew there was bad blood between us.

I slightly raised my eyebrow, trying to figure out why Prince was acting so weird, like we haven't seen each other in awhile when we had been going back and forth for the past month. Then I came to realization, maybe the reason he was playing nice with me was because Vanity had no clue about that, and wanted me to play along.

As much as I didn't wanna play along to his games, I gave in. I finally shook Prince's hand, and fake smiled back.

I felt like I was in some type of movie right now. Why did Vanity not tell me that he was going to be here? Is this some kind of joke?