8.0 Art-tastic!

My last two classes. Two classes I could deal with. I found the art room at the back of the school. Nothing was really around it. No lockers, no other classrooms. Just a hallway leading up to the door. Heading it the class, I take a deep breath, taking in the smell of art. Everything was so bright and colorful. Drawings and paintings were hanging on the walls. Sculptors and models were on shelves. Everything was so beautiful.

"Hey!" A voice called out. "Superstar!" I looked in the direction the voice from. The sound lead right to someone I didn't expect to hear let alone see. 

"Hey Dylan." I smiled, taking a seat next to him. "I didn't think this would be the class for you." I thought about what I just said. "No wait! I didn't mean it like that!"

Dylan laughed. "No it's okay. I like to draw. So I thought this would be a cool class to take. Plus I heard it was easy to pass.

I nodded. I understood what he was saying. Art was pretty easy for some people. 

"They don't do much drawing with pencil here but I learned I'm pretty good with watercolours." He pointed to a painting of a lake surrounded by fields of flowers.

"You painted that?" My jaw dropped. "That's incredible!" 

"Thanks. My parents and I have a cabin at a place that looks like that."

"I bet its amazing." I nodded as a a blond teacher walked in.

"Good morning class!" She smiled. I was so wrapped up listening to Dylan, I didn't realize the other 10 kids enter the class.

The teacher looked down at a clipboard covered in paint. "We have a new student umm... Darcy Tomlinson?" She looked up at me.

"That would be me." I forced a small smile, hoping for no comments.

"Hello Darcy! Welcome to my art class!" She smiled. "Your fathers are Louis and Harry Tomlinson, right?"

"Yea." I looked down.

"Well, my girlfriend and I think is so cool how they came out. Especially when being in the biggest boy band ever. I'm Miss. Goth."

I smiled for real this time. "Thank you, I guess." I didn't know what to say.

"Okay today we are starting a new project. We'll be painting or sketching the person who inspires you to work your art." She began explaining.

I zoned out, not really listening. I couldn't believe that this class was so open with my parents. No one laughed or snickered or said rude comments.

A tap on my shoulder snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Superstar? Darcy? Earth to Darcy!" Dylan poked me.

"Oh yea?" I looked at him.

"You going to start the project?"

"Uh. Yes?"

He let out a laugh. "Do you even know what to do?"

I looked around before whispering, "Nope."

For the rest of the class, Dylan explained me what the project was and helped me with some ideas. I decide I wanted to paint Uncle Zayn or at least something that reminded me of him. He meant the world to me. I stared at the blank canvas I got from the back and started with a pencil. As the sketching, music notes and his tatoos started to form.

The dark hair boy smiled as he looked over about half an hour later. "Who's this?"

I looked up and smiled. "My Uncle Zayn. He was the one who taught me art."

"Uncle? Didn't he leave the band or something?" Dylan didn't take his eyes off my canvas. 

"Well yea. But when you spend 4 years with 4 people, you get pretty close with them. I mean, I guess he missed the boys or something. I don't know." I shrugged. I really didn't know why he came back.

"Huh." He smiled, then turning to look at me. "You're really good. He taught you well." 

"Thank you." I stared back at him. His bright blue shimmered in the art light. 

He cleared his throat and looked away. 'We have a few minutes left of class. Let's clean up." He stood up and picked up his canvas. I tore my eyes of him and shook my head slightly. Did we just have a moment? What was that? Sighing, I stood up too, placing my pencils in my pencil case. 

"Everyone can just place they're papers and canvas is on the back counter." Miss. Goth announced. And with that the bell rang.

*****************************************************

Author Note;

OMG! I'M SO HAPPY AND SO SAD!

Happy: THANK YOU FOR 1.3K READS! Thats a lot of reading! 

Sad: I'm so sorry this chapter is short. I realized it's been a few months since I updated and TBH I forgot I was writing this. I promise I'll update a lot more. No more writer's block.

Please continue the vote and comment.

Love you guys tons. 

Kaitlyn. XOXO