7.0 The Other Type of Chemistry

Alice walked me to my class and said her goodbyes, leaving me to enter my class alone. I took a deep breath entering the room. Teens sat and talk loudly. Long tables and small stools made rows throughout the classroom. I saw the teacher sitting at his desk going through papers. I wandered over clearing my throat hoping he would notice me.

He looked up and offered a warm smile. "Hello. You must be Darcy. I'm Mr. Crowford, your chemistry teacher this semester." As he finished the sentence, the bell rang and everyone rushed to their seats. "Give me a second and I'll find you a lab partner."

Mr. Crowford walked to the front of the class. "Morning students. Today we're in for a treat. Here we have a new student. Please give a warm welcome to Darcy Tomlinson." All of sudden, everyone's eyes were on me.

"Like Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson's kid?" A boy shouted. 

"Y-Yea." My voice shook as I spoke. "B-But my dad, H-Harry changed his last n-name." 

"Does that mean you're gay too?" Another boy added causing the teens to laugh. 

"Enough!" Mr. Crowford shouted. "Now who doesn't have a lab partner?"  Everyone looked around and shaking their heads. 

"I don't." A voice mumbled from the back. Everyone turned around to look at the quiet  boy. 

"Ah, Mr. Jackson." Mr Crowford turned and looked at me. "There's you're new lab partner." I nodded walking down to my seat. I felt everyone's stares and snickers as I walked passed. 

"Alright!" Mr. Crowford started class. 

I didn't really pay attention. I was observing my new partner. He had short dark hair.It looked black but in the light, there was a tint of blue. He's bright blue eyes stood out though. He had Uncle Niall's eyes. He was dressed in black skinnys and a Sleeping With Sirens band t-shirt, half cover by his black sweater. But want I was memorized about was he's piercings. He had his ears, eyebrow and snakebites done.

"Like what you see?" The boy whispered, making me snap out of my throughts. 

"I- Well... I-" I tried to collect my words.

"I'm playing. I'm Dylan." He smiled. I kind of, maybe, melted. His smile was so amazing.

"I'm Darcy." I smiled back. 

"So you're that One Direction kid, huh?" Dylan looked at me.

"Yea." My smile fades. "Go ahead. Start making fun of me or try and be my friend so you get in magazine." 

He shook his head. "I don't want to be noticed and I would never make fun of someone I don't know fully." 

I slightly blushed looking down. "I- Wow. That's very... nice of you." 

Dylan laughed.

"Wait! That's not the right word." I hid my face in my hands.

"No. I get what you're saying." 

"Miss. Tomlinson! Mr. Jackson! Please share what you were talking about." Mr. Crowford glared right at us, waiting for a response. 

I swollowed hard. "I- He was.."

"She was wondering if by adding the water to this mixture, would it change the whole equation. I told depands of the amount and what stage you add it in." Dylan nodded.

"Is this true, Miss. Tomlinson?" Mr. Crowford looked at me.

"I-.. Uh... Yea." I squeaked. 

"Alright but if I hear another word detention." Mr. Crowford turned back to the board.