Chapter 1

Sweat trickled down my forehead as the cool morning air hit my skin. My feet carried me away as I ran down the cement sidewalk. The music that was shoved into my left ear made me hum a bit. My pony tail swung back and forth. I looked around at the beautiful view of D.C., I loved this place. I loved this feeling.

Just as I was thinking about D.C. and my mother, I heard footsteps behind me. They pounded closer and closer to me until a man with blonde hair passed me but not without saying, "On your left, ma'am." Huh. I didn't think other people were out here at this time but I guess he was a crazy bird.

Get it? Cause early bird? Whatever I'm not that great at jokes anyways.

After about another thirty minutes, those same footsteps sprinted towards me. Nope. Not this time. "On your left, ma'am," he repeated, it sounded like he's done this to someone else before.

"Sorry, mister," I said as I started to sprint along side him. I couldn't see him to well because we both were sprinting but he chuckled. He started to sprint harder but I was determined to keep up. The wind got harsher as I ran faster. I started to laugh which didn't help my burning lungs, which were screeching for water. He laughed with me and when we turned the corner of the Reflecting Pool, he started to slow down. I kept my pace until I reached a tree and took a breather. Once he reached the tree and stopped with me, he was barley panting. Unlike me who, of course, sounded like a T-Rex coughing on its prey.

He laughed and put his hands on his hips while I leaned on the huge tree trunk.

"You do this often?" I asked, still breathing hard.

He laughed. "You could say that," the man said. I looked up at him. He was good looking I've got to say. He had blue eyes that were like cotton candy, sweet and playful. His jawline was very obvious and clearly there. He had full and pink lips that I felt like I could poke. Did that sound weird? Well too bad.

"You've got a name?" I asked.

"Steve," he said.

"I'm Amelia. Hey do you think it's illegal to drink from the Reflecting Pool?" I asked.

I was afraid he would give me a weird look but he just chuckled. "I'm not sure." Steve replied.

"Okay," I said and walked to the pool, cupped my hands together, and scooped some water. I sipped it as water escaped my hands. Steve was smiling behind me.

"How does it taste?" Steve asked.

I made and 'ahhhh' sound as if I was in a Coke commercial and replied, "Patriotic."

He chuckled and walked over to where I stood. He dipped his large hands into the pool and took a sip. I laughed. "We are criminals of the law," I whispered and sat down as he chuckled. I don't know how we got to be friends this fast, usually when strangers talk to me I usually yell ,'STRANGER DANGER!' and run away but this time I felt like he was a nice guy.

"Why do you even run?" I asked looking at him and his very fit body.

He smiled. "To think, I guess, to remember," Steve said like he was some poet. Maybe he is, I don't know.

"So you're one of those guys," I said, looking at him then the Reflecting Pool, my breathing started to go back to normal as it could be.

"What is that suppose to mean?" Steve asked, sitting down with me. He sat down about three feet away from me, being some kind of rare gentleman.

"It means that your deep, probably going to cafes and doing poetry readings. At least your not one of those guys who are like, 'oh I'm big buff man but me must be like Hulk or Captain America.'" I said, making a deep voice.

Steve laughed more than I thought, "It's funny you should say that," he said.

"Oh so you're one of those groupies who dress up then?" I asked.

Steve then started to laugh a bit harder. "Your funny, Amelia," Steve said.

"I try my hardest," I say. "So you put on guyliner and jeggings?" I asked.

"What?" He asked.

"Guyliner? Its like eyeliner for guys," I said. I'm surprised this guy never heard of guyliner.

"Huh. What about jeggers?" He asked. I laugh loudly, starling him.

"Jeggings?" I asked still laughing. He nodded. "They are like jeans and leggings combined?"

"Ohhh, that's what they are," he said. I gave him a confused look but shook it off. I stood up and he did as well.

"Nice to meet you, Steve," I said, walking away slowly.

"Will I see you again?" Steve asked.

I started to go into a jog and reply, "Tomorrow morning, I'm sure you want a rematch on that run of ours," I yell. I look back to see him smiling.

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•
ONE YEAR LATER

"Shut up I totally won that time!" I exclaimed and sat down at the edge of the Reflecting Pool.

"Fine. But I let you win," Steve said sitting just 6 inches away from me. Over this year he has slowly been scooting over to me. Centimeter by centimeter he has made his way into my heart. Wow cheese puff alert. My god I have gotten sappy.

"You always do that," I say. He laughed and nodded. Almost every morning we ran from the Lincoln Memorial to that same tree. After that, we sit by the pool and just talk. We do that a lot, just talk and laugh. He's told me a lot, actually. Yes, about his whole life, his life before and after his Sleeping Beauty phase. He told me about the Howling Commandos and the Avengers, Bucky Barns and the Winter Solider, the serum and the Tesseract, the army and S.H.I.E.L.D., and he also told me about Peggy. We never talked about me, every day he would bring that up but I would shrug it off and change the subject.

"You know what I never do? Talk about you," Steve says. His smile that always made me hysterical made me want to kiss him. It's not the first time, but whenever he gives that goofy grin or the contagious laugh, it want to poke his lips. With my lips. Oh boy it's been an off day.

I sigh. "Or we could talk about cheese," I said.

"Why would we talk about cheese?" Steve asked chuckling.

"Because it's more interesting then my life," I said.

"I'm sure that's not even close to true," Steve tells me, he looks from the pool to me, right into my eyes. I didn't let him look too long because I was afraid he would find the truth in my yearning eyes.

"Fine," I said, giving in after a year. I stand up and start walking toward my apartment which is less then one mile away. Steve stands up and catches up to me.

"Does this mean you'll tell me?" He asked.

"Yup but listen closely because I'm only going to say this once."

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

WELCOME TO MY WORLD, WHERE YOU CAN BE AMELIA WHITE, A COMPLETE BADASS, AND SOMEONE WHO FALLS FOR STEVEN ROGERS IF YOU WANT TO BE. I CANT WAIT TO WRITE THIS BECAUSE IM IN LOVE WITH CAPTAIN AMERICA.

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS!!