Chapter 12

It is hard to take in this information. I was suppose to have energy but I didn't feel like getting up. The room had an eerie silence. I should be rejoicing shouldn't I? I'm an actual superhero now, right? I could get my own action figure. So why am I not happy about it? I knew why, it's because, like Banner said, I wasn't normal. I could never be. It was like a disease, people would look at me like I was a different person. Like I wasn't human. Yet, even though they wouldn't look at me, they would keep a close eye on me. Keeping me in the paper or magazine, telling everyone hungry for drama what I've done right. But mostly what I've done wrong. I was scared.

"Can I get you anything?" A voice said and I shook out of my thinking mode. I looked at Steve, holding a soft and gentle face expression. It was like he felt my radiating concern for myself. God I was so selfish. I am going to help people with this!! I can save people's lives! Stop complaining!

"No, I'm fine. Thank you," I say and return the soft gentle face expression. "I just need to take a breather. And you need to get some sleep," I tell him, holding his arm.

"So do you," he tells me. I half smile at him and he stands up, goes to the door, and closes it behind him. I try and take his advice and sleep. I close my eyes, thinking of sheep frolicking over the famous fence. But I can't. It's not my that thoughts raced through my mind and I can't sleep, it's that I'm just not tired. I could get up and do a thousand jumping jacks. So that's what I did. I whipped off the covers that were on top of me and did jumping jacks. It went to 10. Then 20. Then 50. Then 100 and I stopped. I wasn't tired at all. I didn't break a sweat, I wasn't out of breath, and I felt like I could do even more. I looked at the clock that sat just above the door, only two minutes went by when I did them. How is that even possible? I did another hundred and still the same result. I kept going until it was a total of five hundred jumping jacks and I wasn't tired in the slightest. I kept going, and going and going, eventually I was jumping out of frustration, not seeing if I could get tired but making myself get tired. After only 20 minutes, I had reached a thousand jumping jacks and I wasn't even tired. I had enough of my experiments and had to escape my room whose walls seemed to be closing in on me. I swung open the door and ran through the long hallway. It seemed I ran faster and quicker, but all I could think about was my terrified self. Suddenly, as I turned a sharp left corner, three agents grabbed me and stopped me.

"Ma'am, you need to calm down."

"Everything will be alright."

I didn't resist their fighting, I let them pull me to the ground. I let myself stay on the cold, concrete ground, my hair greasy and manly and in blue clothes the doctors gave me. I wanted to cry, I wanted to be a little girl who had no worries, who didn't turn into some freak who can not feel a thing. Another reason I didn't cry was because of the all to familiar heels that clicked.

"Amelia, get up and stop this nonsense," the women who I call mother said. Once she got to where I lay, the clicking stopped and I could almost feel her hand being placed on her jutted hip. I inhaled and stood up to face my mother. I was usually taller than her but with her heels we were the same height.

"What did you do to me?" I asked with an edge to my voice.

"Dr. Banner saved your life," my mother replied, the same coldness to her tone.

"Don't you know? I'm smarter than that. He could have saved my life without the chemical mixture. I grew up in this business, I'm not a newbie," I said.

"What are you saying?" My mother asked.

"I'm saying you told him to make me this way. To make me something different so I would stay with you. Stay here. You never wanted me to be normal," I said. "Well you got your wish."

There was a long pause.

"Fine, you don't want to tell me, I'll ask Dr. Banner. And if he won't tell me, I'll look at my surgery footage," I said and walked away. My mother still had nothing to say, all she did was keep her same position. Had her same red heels on. She kept her same disappointment in me.

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

WHOOPS THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER. BUT GOLLY I HAD TO POST SOMETHING QUICK BECAUSE OF AVENGER AGE OF ULTRON!! I WONT SPOIL ANYTHING EXCEPT IT WAS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD JUST EVERYTHING WAS SO GREAT!!! I HAVE NO WORDS. IN JUST DEAD

THANK YOU!!