Chapter 10

"Put your hands up!" A scruffy man with a 5 o'clock shadow yelled at us. He reminded me of the chicken guy in Toy Story but slimmer. Now, considering there was a room full of high class agents anybody would be smart enough to come in with backup. Sadly, these mean people came with plenty of backup. They had backup backup backups. They all had guns in hand, ready to fire.

"Do you think they know the Avengers are in here?" I whispered to Steve, laughing to myself.

"I'd say not," he whispers back. "Stark, turn your head around away from the guys with guns," Steve order. Tony did as he was told. It made sense considering Stark was very well known and if he was recognized, we were doomed.

"Alright everyone, y'all put your weapons down!" The man ordered. I realized he had a very thick Southern accent. As the weapons and guns of other people clattered to the ground Steve took his chance.

"Here's the play. On the count of three, Natasha and Barton, you will knock guns out of the men's hands, do whatever you can to get them to not shoot anyone. Stark, can you get to your suit?"

"Sorry Cap didn't know a hostile takeover was going to happen," Tony said.

"Okay then you and Amelia get everybody out of here. Not everyone is trained to fight. If someone tries to stop you, you stop them. I'll try my best to make sure everyone gets out," Steve says.

Banner clears his throat. "Um, I think you forgot someone," Dr. Banner says.

"Do I even need to?" Steve asked.

"Well it's still nice to receive orders," Banner said in a sheepish voice. I chuckled.

"Fine. Bruce, you do what you do best," Steve orders and Bruce nods his head and smiles.

Once every last weapon is on the floor, the men slowly advance to us. One guy grabs Natasha, she gives this look to Steve like, 'You better say three or I'm going to say it myself.' Steve sees her face.

"Three!" He shouts and Natasha takes the guy that grabbed her and flipped him over. Barton slides over the table, running through the crowd of men and knocking their guns away. The men were shocked apparently because they didn't know what hit them. Steve went into the crowd as well, plowing them down as if he were a tractor in a corn field. Banner did his butterfly thing and was soon a green bodybuilder. He was a green, angry, Arnold Schwarzenegger. Better yet, Lou Ferrigno.

The Hulk leaped and landed near a group of men who shot at him. The ground rumbled and the men fell over.

"Our turn," I tell Tony. I look at my surroundings and see a single door but a little light one top read: EXIT. "There!" I shouted to Tony over the gunshots and the grunts. Stark nods. I start to tell people to get to the staircase and people rush over. Tony makes sure they all get through the door
without trampling each other.

Shots echo in these concrete walls. The Hulks roars, however, usually overpower the booming sounds. The place rumbled, trays rattled on the table. Grunts came from the men as the Avengers were taking them down. I looked to see if any of ours were down or hurt. Luckily, nobody was just yet. Natasha and Barton did a good job of removing their weapons. Still, there were lots of men, more than fifty who could still fight with their fists. Just as I was about to jump in the fight, a cold barrel pressed against my temple.

"Don't move or I'll shoot," someone said behind me. By the circumference of the circle that pressed against my temple indicated it was a simple handgun. "Put your hands up."

I slowly put my arms in the air, very slowly. When I reached where the gun was, I smacked it out of his hands before he could shoot it. The gun skidded across the floor. It would be to far to get it now without getting yourself hurt and as I turned around, the man knew that as well. I got a good look at the man, and there he was, 5 o'clock shadow man. He snarled at me and kicked me in the stomach, making me stumble backs a bit. When I regained my balance, a switch blade was in his hand. He clicked the little button and the knife shot up.

"Are you trying to intimidate me? Really? I mean if you are don't use a baby blue switch blade!"

He looked pissed at my comment and swung his knife. I dodged it by bending backwards. I backed up as he swung and bumped
into the table I sat at earlier. I reached for my half eaten burger and threw the piece of meat at 5 o'clock shadow man and he backed up. I can't believe a piece of greasy meat is my only weapon. He came back quickly and he swung and thrashed but his violent attempts made him a blind man. He did not care what my moves were and I realized this when he closed his eyes, giving me the advantage to strike. I kicked my foot right into his left kneecap. He stumbled and fell forward. He groaned and I became stupid. I assumed I had victory but he decided it wasn't over. His arm came up and he plunged the knife into my calf. I yelped. It was a quick and short pain but it sure hurt.

"Son of a bitch," I muttered. I kicked the guys stomach with my good leg and he moaned in defeat this time. I lifted up my leg, looked at the baby blue handle that stuck out of my leg. Blood trickled down but in a different way. It seemed to be working on a masterpiece. The blood curved this way and that as if gravity wasn't an issue but more of an acquaintance. The blood, when it finally stopped moving, had created a shape. Multiple shapes. It took me a total of two and a half seconds to realize what it was. It was an eye. A rounded and big, creepy eye that stared into mine. It made me shiver in fright.

"Eye for an eye," 5 o'clock shadow man whispered then took out a small, baby blue tablet that looked like a piece of gum. He stuck it in between his eyebrows and became lifeless. His head made a thunk on the tile and his eyes were left open. Death was filled in his eyes.

What just happened? I looked up at the scene where the rest of the team was in. They all stood over dead men. Lifeless and limp. Everyone looked confused and I was confused. Everything was a blur. What is happening? What just happened? Where am I? Who am I?

It was then that all I could see was black. I felt myself fall to the group and Steve call my name and I was out like a child after a lullaby.

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

BUM BUM BUMMMMM. ACTION PACKED RIGHT? SO MAD BECAUSE IT DELETED HALF OF THE CHAPTER AND IM LIKE "WHAAAAA" BECAUSE I MEAN COME. SO THATS PROBABLY WHY ITS SO ITSY BITSY.

OKAY. BYE BYE.

THANK YOU!!!